Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Adobe premiere video processing question.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adobe premiere video processing question.
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 06:01 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
looked all afternoon without much luck for an answer so I thought maybe you guys could help me..

Oh btw, 2X is having a baby.

I'm throwing together some tv commercials with adobe premiere. I'm using a number of Photoshop still images. When I go to burn them, they look like crap. Lots of pixels and blur even though the original pictures are high quality large files.

Any suggestions?

What size should my photoshop images be?
720 px x 480 px but at what DPI?

these are my current settings
Video Settings
Frame size: 720h 480v (0.900)
Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: D1/DV NTSC (0.9)
Color depth: Millions of colors
Quality: 100 (out of 100)
Fields: Lower Field First

Audio Settings
Sample rate: 32000 samples/second

Recorder
DV/IEEE1394 Capture

Video Rendering
DV (NTSC)
Color depth: Millions of colors

Default Sequence
Total video tracks: 3
Master track type: Stereo
Mono tracks: 0
Stereo tracks: 3
5.1 tracks: 0
Submix mono tracks: 0
Submix stereo tracks: 0
Submix 5.1 tracks: 0

Thanks

2X

Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 08:00 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
christ.. and I just went through exactly what your doing 3 months ago. I ended up making a real AVI, its was huge.. many gigs before burning it to DVD, so when it was compressed it had this best quality.

I also remember when you import the images into the stage you had to right click them and .. this is where i forget, something like "interpret footage" and this set the dimensions you want.

we made a trailer for a video game pitch and it ended running on a big screen.. so i can guess the quality your going.

Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 08:07 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pixels are pixels. DPI = dots (pixels) per inch.

Take two 17" monitors. One has a max resolution of 1024x768, the other 1280x1024. The one with the higher res has a higher DPI (more pixels per inch, yes?) That is, the pixels on the latter monitor are smaller than that of the former. Your 720x480 image will look smaller on the one with the higher DPI at their max res's (you know that).

DPI is usually used when converting to print media, because your target media has a definite physical size (8.5x11, A4, etc..). 300 DPI is considered the baseline print resolution.

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2005 08:46 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations on the baby!!

Does that mean wwe should now call you Popa-fresh?

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 11-30-2005 10:37 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whens the baby coming? Mine should be here the middle of January.
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-01-2005 01:22 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No shit, I am not making this up. Expected baby date is July 4th 2006.....

I guess we will have to wait and see when it really happens.

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 12-01-2005 01:25 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also switched from saving as a windows media file to MPEG2.

It made a huge difference.

I don't really know much at all about video. This is all new to me. That being said, the commercials that I am throwing together look 100% better than what the other realtors in the area are paying for.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com