Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Bank saving my ass costs me in the long run...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bank saving my ass costs me in the long run...
Obsidian
Sarge
Member # 3162

Rate Member

posted 07-14-2005 02:59 AM     Profile for Obsidian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I go to 7-11 on Saturday. Can't use my bank card. Apparantly fraudulant activity was detected with my bank card. After speaking with the bank rep at the 800 number, they said my card was copied. Panicing I rushed home to my PC banking...nothing was missing WHEW.

Here is the bitch...since banks aren't typically open on Saturday I had to wait to get a bank card until Monday. I check my pc banking again....I now have over $100 in NSF charges because they froze my account to "protect me" and pre-authorizations on my account bounced because all access except account balance inquiries were disabled on my account.

I am now LIVID...

[ 07-14-2005: Message edited by: Obsidian ]

--------------------

Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 07-14-2005 03:44 AM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do you think your card was copied? Someone may have used an ATM skimmer. If that's the case, you may not be be held responsible for those charges. I'd call the bank to get more info, and see if they'll remove those charges.

BTW, you got a new card pretty fast. I've usually had to wait weeks for it to come in the mail, and then another week for the pin to arrive.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Obsidian
Sarge
Member # 3162

Rate Member

posted 07-14-2005 02:20 PM     Profile for Obsidian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my bank gave me a new card in the bank and I selected a pin in the bank...

I am still working on getting nsf's reversed

--------------------

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 09:04 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can get a new bank card also just by walking in and handing over my old one and proper id and answer a couple trick questions. Then I can keep the new pin or change it to my old one at the other counter. Whole thing takes about 5 minutes if you don't count standing in line.

Hopefully they'll reverse the NSF charges for you. It's not like it's your fault the card was copied. Then again, banks will be banks sometimes.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2005 11:47 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just raise hell, they'll reverse the NSFs just to shut you up. Especially if you point out the fact that they didn't tell you they froze your account.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 07-15-2005 01:50 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those card skimmers are pretty bad. I saw a thing on TV about them a few weeks ago. They can get all your money in a matter of minutes. They just replace the front of the ATM's with their own hardware.
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boomstick
Visor
Member # 3208

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2005 02:57 AM     Profile for Boomstick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of scams.. It's our best friend!!

--------------------

Player got owned by boomsticks.. Boomstick.

Posts: 16 | From: B-Ville | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com