Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » The Ugliest Dog in the Universe

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Ugliest Dog in the Universe
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-01-2005 07:37 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Jul 1, 11:32 AM (ET)

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - The owners of the other contestants in this year's World's Ugliest Dog Contest may have thought their pooches had a chance - until they saw Sam.

The 14-year-old pedigreed Chinese crested recently won the Sonoma-Marin Fair contest for the third consecutive time, and it's no surprise.

The tiny dog has no hair, if you don't count the yellowish-white tuft erupting from his head. His wrinkled brown skin is covered with splotches, a line of warts marches down his snout, his blind eyes are an alien, milky white and a fleshy flap of skin hangs from his withered neck. And then there's the Austin Powers teeth that jut at odd angles from his mouth.

He's so ugly even the judges recoiled when he was placed on the judging table, said his proud owner, Susie Lockheed, of Santa Barbara.

"People are always horrified when I kiss him. He may turn into a prince yet. He's definitely a toad," she said. "I always thought he'd be great on greeting cards or on a commercial for Rogaine."

Sam, who's pushing 15, has something of a cult following after winning the contest - and fans' hearts - for three years running. Last year, huge crowds gathered around Sam and Lockheed at a local parade and Lockheed said she received letters and calls about her pup for weeks.

"So many people have told me they've got his picture on their refrigerator. He certainly has a little cult following," she said. "I did years of professional musical theater and never achieved the fame Sam has."

Sam will appear in this weekend's Fourth of July parade in Santa Barbara, but the recent events may be the cap on a long, ugly career. Lockheed says Sam's now suffering from congestive heart failure, lung and kidney problems and has definitely slowed down in his twilight years.

Still, he enjoys regular gourmet meals of sirloin steak, cheese balls, roasted chicken and flan (so he'll swallow his multiple pills). He also passes occasional weekends at the Gaviota ranch of Lockheed's boyfriend, where the World's Ugliest Dog rides in the back of an ATV with his few remaining hairs wafting in the wind.

[ 07-03-2005: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 07-02-2005 01:34 AM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wouldn't eat that if I were N. Korean, and it was the last dog on earth.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-02-2005 01:57 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wouldn't eat that if it were the last animal on earth period.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mute
Sarge
Member # 3119

Rate Member

posted 07-02-2005 03:47 AM     Profile for Mute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah.. if I were N. Korean, I'd probably become a vegetarian at that point. That or have some 2-legged mutton instead. Anyhow, it all tastes like chicken... so I hear.

--------------------

Ford!...there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out!

Posts: 146 | From: Mid West | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 07-02-2005 08:58 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ugly the dog is.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-02-2005 04:07 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.ertuycip eht degnahc yeht kniht I tub ,cac ,won kool t'nod

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-02-2005 04:57 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy's right.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 07-03-2005 01:18 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here's a link to the pic

And for reference, here's a GIS on the breed

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-03-2005 02:26 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not a bad looking dog, under normal circumstances.

You know, I think it's the milky cataracs on the thing that make it look so sinister. Without those, it simply looks like it learned it's hygeine from a British Inmate.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Obsidian
Sarge
Member # 3162

Rate Member

posted 07-06-2005 02:48 AM     Profile for Obsidian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
looks like one of those swamp rats from The Princess Bride

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-06-2005 02:09 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ROUS?

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 07-11-2005 11:36 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yum!

[ 07-11-2005: Message edited by: Tea Bagger ]

Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2005 01:24 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I WAS eating lunch when I looked at this post. Man, I almost puked. That thing is dead or fake right? No dog could be that ugly!
Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Boomstick
Visor
Member # 3208

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2005 04:32 PM     Profile for Boomstick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's not a dog.. That's a rendered picture of Michael Jackson...

--------------------

Player got owned by boomsticks.. Boomstick.

Posts: 16 | From: B-Ville | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com