Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Fav. Album of the moment?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fav. Album of the moment?
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 02:20 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm kinda stuck on Opeth's Damnation right now, but the new Presidents of the United States of America album also kicks ass. Gotta love bit torrent for getting full albums

[ 09-01-2004: Message edited by: Scooby ]

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 05:15 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been getting back into some old favorites like Temple of the Dog and The Smashing Pumpkins Rotten Apples. And I still immensely enjoy Audioslave even though I've had that one for over 9 months. Oh, and Iced Earth Something Wicked This Way Comes kicks all kinds of ass.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 07:09 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did PUSA change from their first album? i hope not cause their self titled is one of my all time favourite albums...
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 07:28 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth kicks ass! Didn't know you liked that stuff...

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 08:56 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth's cool. I saw them with Lacuna Coil. The venue had a slanted floor though and Opeth tends to play for a loooong time. My back hurt after that one...

Currently I like Close to the Edge and Fragile by Yes.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 09:08 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Lacuna Coil when they opened for POD.

I thought their singer was HOT and reminded me of Delores from The Cranberries in sound. The guy who sounded like he was from Gwar just totally ruined my impression of the band though. If it wasn't for him I would have thought they rocked...but he destroyed their sound and totally detracted from her awesome voice.

This guys ruins Lacuna Coil

SHE MOST DEFFINATELY MAKES IT

I was like 10' from her trying to totally whore myself to her...I had a hard on the whole damn show cause I was only looking at her Except when that asshole started chanting and straining his voice to sound like Gwar...fucking ass!

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 09:15 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed Snag, the male singer was pretty weird/scary and his voice didn't add to the music much.

--------------------

I am.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 10:12 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
head automatica - decadence

highly recommended. it's daryl palumbo (from glassjaw) and dan the automator's joint effort. seamless genre-melding.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 01:13 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FS~ Yeah, I've been getting into all forms of rock a lot more lately. Also big on my playlist are Coheed and Cambria, Anadivine, Between the Buried and Me, Underoath, and Dillenger Escape Plan.

Burble~ I just can't listen to Head Automatica or Glassjaw; My best friend's ex-girlfriend (was girlfriend of 1.5 years at the time) cheated on him with Daryl several times and broke up their relationship.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 01:20 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy - You have good taste in music.

I have been listening to Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog and other tracks from the Singles soundtrack only because Steph wanted to hear some of that early Seattle stuff. Green River too.

Although they broke up I still have been playing various stuff by The Queens of the Stone Age. They rock!

We are going to New York this weekend to see Siouxsie Sioux play at a small club in Time Square. Kind of expensive concert at $650.00 each for flight/hotel/tickets but hey you only live twice. Sioux is only touring New York, Detroit, Chicago, California and various UK dates this tour.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 01:39 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was temple of the dog while they were in pearl jam/sound garden or before?

--------------------

I am.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 02:45 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I’ll take this one since I love the whole Seattle sound thing:

Andy Wood from Mother Love Bone died in 1990 of a heroin overdose. He was roommates with Chris Cornell.

Mother Love Bone also had Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament who later joined Pearl Jam. After Andy Wood's death, Cornell wrote "Reach Down" and "Say Hello 2 Heaven." He played them for Gossard and Ament; the three agreed to get together to record some songs as a tribute to Wood.

Matt Cameron, who was in Soundgarden (formerly Green River) with Cornell, came on as the drummer. Mike McCready joined because he was working with Gossard and Ament at the time.

Eddie Vedder was later auditioned and asked to join the band. He only performs on a few of the songs. He shares the lead vocals on "Hunger Strike" and sings back up on 3 others. He is not listed on the album as one of the band members but is listed under the "additional" section.

Temple of the Dog released its album in April 1991. Soon after, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam started recording.

Temple of the Dog was a one-time thing done in honor of their friend, Andy Wood.

Check out Mother Love Bone's stuff.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 02:53 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thx cac! i always assumed totd was just a side project. I'll check out mother love bone

--------------------

I am.

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 03:16 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr Lif's "I Phantom" on the Def Jux label, who make some of the most original hip hop.

Educate yourself some http://www.definitivejux.net/jukies/mr_lif/

[ 09-01-2004: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 03:29 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DJ Vadim is good original hip too, or company flow.

--------------------

I am.

burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 03:51 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
scooby - your best friend got his girlfriend stolen by a ~25 year old straight-edge virgin? :/ (you're 19, right?)
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 03:58 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J0SH:
DJ Vadim is good original hip too, or company flow.

Dj Vadim is good and the company flow album funcrush plus is legendary. El-P's stuff is really good in my opinion.

I've also been listing to Les Claypools new project called "Colonel Claypools Buckets of Bernie Brains. It's got Claypool on bass, Buckethead on guitar, Brain from primus on the drums, and bernie worrel (from parliemnt and funkadelic fame) on the keys. Its really fucking good, they just jam out but bernie worrel really gives the sound his own touch since. Reccomended.

check out the website here http://c2b3.com/

[ 09-01-2004: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 09:44 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My fav band of the moment doesnt have a CD out yet. They are supposed to be releasing their first in Oct/Nov. I saw them live once and was hooked. They are pretty amazing.
http://www.tupelohoney.ca

Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2004 11:11 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burb~ (Yeah, I'm 19) For a little while, but he broke-up the relationship at least. But in any event, I highly doubt he's straightedge, unless being addicted to painkillers is straightedge. I don't mind his music, I think some of it's pretty good, I just think he's a tool.

[ 09-01-2004: Message edited by: Scooby ]

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2004 11:52 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am enjoying and still discovering the album "Good News For People Who Like Bad News" by Modest Mouse. It's poppy in some parts, but with a great melody and unique voices, not that the lead sing is doing anything new, but however, it is not a usual style.

Also, I got the new Tea Party cd called "Seven Circles" and have liked how they have taken up a more stripped down approach to their writing and producing (at least for this sonically talented band) that has been coming back with bands like Jet. This is maybe an album that could break them into the states. It also got me interested in new music, where the other Tea Party cds have made references to an older style of rock.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-02-2004 01:42 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Album?

Sorry, I think I remember what that word means, but I'd have to think for a moment. . . . . . AH! okay. No, no album favorites that are new. Tragically Hip-Up to Here, Slinky-Slinky, and all three LoTR soundtracks.

That's about it.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com