Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » 6 MORE GMail invites to hand out...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6 MORE GMail invites to hand out...
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 10:29 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody else interested? Let me know

(edited to fix my sigfile) If any of you had one on ICX and hadn't moved it...and so lost it when the site disappeared. Stop back by - I have a new host - and reacquire it )

[ 08-30-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-30-2004 12:14 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do you get them, I have two gmail accounts and never see the invite notice, do you have to use the account? What initiates the giving of gmail accounts, it has to be a script correct? I will send a few emails using both gmail accounts thanks.

I would love to have another one if others do not take them.

Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 12:51 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW thanks again Dev

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 03:01 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol, ok make that 12 GMail invites to hand out. Hell Cy I don't know. I sent one of the six I handed out the other day to myself and not only does my original account have 6 more invites to hand out, but so does the new one.

Yes you have to use the account, (but apparently not very much), in order to get the invites.

My suspicion is they're about to go live with this otherwise why would they be handing out so many so fast?

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 03:03 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh yeah Cy, The invite notice is on the lower left of your inbox page. In red. Also if you get an email from somebody, next to the reply box is the option to not only reply but invite the emailer to GMail.

You must have some

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 08-30-2004 05:16 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dev, send me one!

c d e g a e t a @ s i . r r . c o m

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 08-30-2004 05:23 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I'm a moron. What is GMail ???
Posts: 1824 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 05:50 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2X here GMail The big deal is supposed to be 1GB of space. Some call it the devil's work as your emails never really get deleted (You can delete them guys). The the response to that is :

If you ever type anything into an email that you would really not like to be used in court, well then you're a moron. Nobody deletes emails for a couple of years. Nobody. Not Hotmail, Not Yahoo, not your work place, your ISP, nobody.

GFK, you will have one on the way very soon.

[ 08-30-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 06:12 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd love to try Gmail out. thx, if you have any left.

xtrance@shaw.ca

Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 08-30-2004 06:37 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That certainly sounds better than the account I have now that yells at me every time I go over 10MB......

:-)

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 07:02 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, what the hell is your email address so I can send one?

--------------------

TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 07:55 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you very much Dev
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 08:06 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
most welcome

--------------------

doublefresh
Sarge
Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted 08-30-2004 08:45 PM     Profile for doublefresh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mike@building-zone.com

If you ever need a deck built you know who to call

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-30-2004 09:41 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, thats the first 6, 6 left

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com