Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » What ever happened to Force3d.com (Asmo's board) ??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What ever happened to Force3d.com (Asmo's board) ??
droppage
Sarge
Member # 48

Rate Member

posted 08-07-2004 12:48 PM     Profile for droppage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey fellas, LONG time no see. Was just looking for the old Force3d site and noticed it's evidently been shut down.

How is everyone?

I'm busy as hell in Pensacola, FL and my medical practice is going well here..........play mainly RA3 (Q3 mod of course) and now just bought Doom3, which scares the crap out of me.

Hope everyone's doing well, i plan on posting here more now that i found my login, etc.

Posts: 404 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 08-07-2004 12:50 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's nice to see that you dropped in to say hi.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 08-07-2004 05:08 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ehh... what's up, doc?

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-07-2004 09:37 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
last trail > http://www.shounen-anime.com/cgi-bin/Ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=f87d21473e26be81c77fd1f123712ed9;act=ST;f=3;t=111

july,14

(thanks dev)

hi drop

cy

Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 08-07-2004 10:12 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey doc.

I thought it was still www.myanimeart.com

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 08-07-2004 11:41 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have his ICQ #.
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 08:46 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I though headstone = grimmasmofandean??

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 08-09-2004 09:04 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J0SH:
I though headstone = grimmasmofandean??

Umm...pay attention Josh!

(never gets worn out )

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 11:07 AM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No I am not he but I do live in the same city.

I am FM incase you missed

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 11:14 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FM? what does that stand for?

lol, i always thought you were grimm =]

--------------------

I am.

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 12:32 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FM = Futureman

LOL Look at his sig Does that look like Grimm's work? STyle?

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 12:37 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It all makes sense now! Hi FM!

--------------------

I am.

Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 05:34 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya I think that Grimasmochevy is more into Sailor Moon than beasts from beyond

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 05:56 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did dev and grimm have a falling out or something??

--------------------

I am.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-09-2004 06:14 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, grimm had a falling out with us. . .more or less. He completely changed the board format and theme to Anime. We all basically left at that point.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 06:20 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
No, grimm had a falling out with us. . .more or less. He completely changed the board format and theme to Anime. We all basically left at that point.

Yeah, mid-life crisis or something. The thought of a 30+ year old man completely enamored with anime is just silly.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 09:32 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually I'd like to think that Grimm and I were just fine. We never had any words.

He basically took a left turn one day (There was some of the usual bickering on the forum) and he used it as an excuse for us to leave. He never came out and told us to split but it sort of felt as if he was ready for us to go. The board turned into an anime themed board and not many of us really fit that mode.

Hell this place is a Quake 3 Arena site and we really don't do that much any more either now do we? Over at www.extrememalice.com, now they're still a Q3 forum complete with active servers that they play on nightly.

We're still just a group that knows each other and we talk about a bunch of crap here I suppose that's why the off topic forum is the busiest.

Hell they weren't even that (What is it called?) hentai shit either. He's into the big eyed powderpuff girl shit. A bit over a year and a half ago now. That was the first time I slapped a forum up at www.incognitox.com lol. Ahhhh what a storied history that domain will have when it's all done

As far as I know, Grimm wasn't pissed ay anybody in particular. He just decided to change directions that's all. I say more power to him and hope he found what he was looking ofr.

I think he had invited some new people to the board and we embarrased him. That started the flush of the the old ways.

--------------------

Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2004 10:48 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But I think that it is really even deeper with him. He has gone as far as learning Japanese to delve deeper into the anime.

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 08-09-2004 11:03 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Japanese are FUCKED UP!! And now they have Grimm
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-09-2004 11:32 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do not understand Anime. Is it a pedophile thing?

...But all joking aside, why would grown men feel a need to draw kids with big eyes, give themselves girl names in forums, and talk about kids with big eyes?

(kind of serious and joking at the same time. if someone can explain "anime" please do, it does not compute)

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-10-2004 03:33 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, thematically, anime is very sophisticated, and it also doesn't pander to children (although, most children here don't watch it) the way many other cartoon forms do, it shows death. Kinda like Disney does by sneaking in things like the shooting of Bambi's mother, or Old Yeller. Anime really shows the whole spectrum of the human condition. From happiness, joy, and love. To hate, jealous, greed and betrayal. Basically Bambi, without the kiddie shit.

Plus the chicks with gravity defying natural bustlines, and legs that go from the bottom of the animation cell all the way to heaven.

I started this with a point, but I think it got lost somewhere. . .

Oh, and Dev, we're branching out, we recognize that Q3 is a dying game. There're forums you can't see there

[edit]

On a side note, after looking at Cy's link, I have a suspicion that my sister frequents that board, from the pages I see her viewing sometimes (I don't pry, but her monitor faces the livingroom door). She's really into Anime, more for the artistic stuff though, she likes to draw.

[ 08-10-2004: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

[ 08-10-2004: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 08-10-2004 10:35 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
Well, thematically, anime is very sophisticated...

lol

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 08-10-2004 10:55 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wasn't gonna say anything.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-10-2004 10:57 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL, I'm glad someone called me on that load of total BS

That's the problem with reading text, no tone of voice, or facial expression

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 08-11-2004 08:54 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anime DOES occasionally touch deeper philosophical themes, though there's the regular plain action type as well.

Some anime really is not for kids, and I don't mean the hentai now.

Same way with western stuff, except that the only philosophical animations are small scale indie works. In Japan, serious anime can still have a big(ger) budget.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com