next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Alberta's Own

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alberta's Own
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2004 12:35 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This weekend I attended the Hard Rock Weekend. It was the 3rd year for it and it totally rocked. They hold it at the Benalto Rodeo grounds. Just passed Sylvan Lake. It was only $70 for the weekend with camping. They had about 50 bands from all over Alberta. There is some awesome indie bands in this province. For all you Alberta peeps I recomend you check it out for next year.
www.albertasown.com

Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2004 07:29 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This year is music mosaic for me...I never went to a concert in years and this year:

Aerosmith
P.O.D.
George Strait <--last night. FUCKING AWESOME. Never heard a louder crowd in ANY category

Big Valley Jamboree
<--end of the month over the long weekend. Awesome part is the gf is from Camrose, her business is there and because they have some contracts for the BVJ, they get awesome seats and camping. A couple years back they partied with Tracy Lawrence too Plus we will be camping with Danny Hooper...the MC of the whole affair so I could possibly get to met some famous people...WOOT!!

[ 07-19-2004: Message edited by: Snag ]

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2004 05:12 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Big Valley thing sounds like a good time. Too much country music for me though. Its awesome knowing important people at those kind of things. We camped with the website people over the weekend, so we were in the VIP section. A lot of the bands were coming over to talk to them. It was like a mini woodstock hehe.

My Favorite bands were Chunk and Broken Nose.

Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com