Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » I'm about finshed boring you with these.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm about finshed boring you with these.
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 12:31 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a few of the sigs I made all together just to make it easier to see them.

from here on out if anybody wants one just lemme know. I'll quit spamming the board.

some are better than others

[ 07-18-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

Posts: 944 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 06:48 PM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll take one

--------------------

Shiny.

Posts: 205 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 07:06 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you've got one in there if you look. Something like that ok? Or do you have a specific request?

Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 08:23 PM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That looks awesome, thanks Dev. =)

Edit: Testing sig.

[ 07-18-2004: Message edited by: Cyrus ]

--------------------

Shiny.

Posts: 205 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2004 08:25 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah that one is awesome.

Great job Dev, especially so fast. 666.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 09:08 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
God I'm such a geek

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 07-19-2004 01:44 AM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll take 2 plz. thx.

(i like to have options)

--------------------

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2004 05:51 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can I have fries with that?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2004 12:31 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are WiCked! I would love to have one for myself. Pls and Thx
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esquilax
Sarge
Member # 2075

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2004 01:41 PM     Profile for Esquilax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are damn sweet Dev!
Posts: 38 | From: The Land of the Ice and Snow. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2004 05:11 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Ooh, and here, out of the mists of history, the legendary Esquilax, the horse with the head of a rabbit, and the body of a rabbit. Oh, look! It's galloping away!"
- Chief Clancy Wiggum, in episode 2F15 ("Lisa's Wedding"), on The Simpsons

--------------------

Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 02:56 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My only suggestion: Would it be possible to make them a bit smaller? I'm imagining threads full of these massive sigs...it'd get a bit cluttered.

--------------------

Posts: 928 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 03:50 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually Drako, the images are quite small. The signature that Dev made for me only clocks in at 8KB.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2004 05:33 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they are of various sizes. What Drako is referring to is the visual clutter created by the addition of so much color to the threads I think It can actually become difficult to read the topics themselves in some cases.

For this I apologize. I was playing and as with everything I do, I tend to go way overboard. However, what I have done, I have done and those who wish to use them (which I made as gifts, as insignifigant as they may be as gifts) honor and flatter me. I only hope everyone likes them and sincerely hope that the visual explosion doesn't cause to much as way of distraction to this forum.

You are all most welcome. I obviously have enjoyed making them. It really is nothing as I am not the creator in most instances only the composer trying to find a unique signiture for any who wanted one

It was difficult in some cases to make a pleasing (To me I admit) image using a 415 X 105 pixel canvas.

Dev

[ 07-20-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 05:55 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's great what you are doing, especially since a lot of us appreciate good artistic skills (as rudimentary as you think they are
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 05:55 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's great what you are doing, especially since a lot of us appreciate good artistic skills (as rudimentary as you think they are
god
Sarge
Member # 52

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 06:01 PM     Profile for god   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey dev would you mind making one up for me? I had someone make me one a long time ago that looked like a stained glass window whihc was cool but 2x's hosting went down quite a while ago.

But please leave out priests and little boys if you dont mind......

Much appreciated... haha i find it hilarious that i use God as my name haha...

must be something about me having bad self esteem when i was a bit younger..

if god is not something u want to make a sig for then try Box, or Foodbox or Boxman..whatever you wanna do would be muchly appreciated cause i dont know how to do graphics....

Posts: 260 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 06:49 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He should use the image of God from the Brick Testement.
http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/how_long_to_hang_somebody/dt21_22.html

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2004 07:30 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[ 07-20-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 09:30 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 07-20-2004 09:58 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dev~ What do you use to make those things. They are very nice!

Got anything cyborg like?

You should do that stuff for work, make money somehow doing web-art.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 10:21 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or stealing it?

--------------------

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2004 11:04 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been keeping you in mind Cy. Just haven't found the right images for you yet. And yes, I'm (cough) lifting most of these images and collaging them together. I will ultimately draw some of my own This sort of was just me goofing around so I didn't go that far yet.

I'm planning to. I can actually draw a bit

Cy anything in particular you have and like image wise?

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 11:42 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All joking aside Dev you are very talented as a graphic artist. The art of selecting the proper graphic combination, alteration, etc & colors and fonts requires talent.

I would like to see some had done stuff some time too.

--------------------

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2004 10:00 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, they're kinda cool. I sure would hate to be on a crappy dial-up connection when this page loaded. (y'know, like the ones we used to play Q2 on)

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2004 10:50 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The load that these images are causing is really nominal. All of the images that Dev created are well below 100k (I'd say the average is about 20k [which would be downloaded in 1 burst on a modem]).
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 07-22-2004 10:03 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dev~ I was thinking of something T2 like, robotic.

Can you do webpage layout as well? I would be willing to pay you for a future website.

Here is an example of "hooking up" with others: http://convert2online.com/ with different talents to make nice sites. These guys did mine and the reason I chose them was simple, their graphic artist rocked.

Even if you are combining "googled" images off the internet your artistic flair is superior. You have a very good eye Dev, and understand how anything internet related works. I do not think you are even aware of your true potential.

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-23-2004 12:14 AM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thnx for the compliment Cy, Yeah thier (for the most part googled images but I manipulate them a little. For example the second one I did for you (I still need to polish it a little I think) is an overlay of a terminator (Yes I have a good T2 head) that I removed everything except for the black lines and then overlayed on the blue head which was an actual humans face that I filter fested on a bit in order to make it look not photgraphic. The eyes are bleed through from the one image to the next.

The font doesn't do it quite right but as I find what I need I'll finish tweaking it.

You're most welcome. I did this one but I had to redraw maybe a third of the car as it was watermarked (lol) That doesn't stop a true buccaneer

I redrew part of the car and changed it's color to match up with a budds Z06 Not as fun (I like the sort of creepy mean looking ones. The Doom III sig started out as a left eye and left eye only. I had to do a bunch to that one. It's almost an original

the eyes can be made any color I like this one quite a bit.

[ 07-23-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

rokz
Sarge
Member # 3046

posted 07-25-2004 05:50 PM     Profile for rokz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Dev for pointing out the fact that I am not loved.

BTW, is anyone ever going to post at Incognitox or am I just going to be by myself over there? I assume that everyone is staying here? I hope to get back to my 15 posts a day routine soon!

[ 07-25-2004: Message edited by: rokz ]

Devastator
Sarge
Member # 1666

Rate Member

posted 07-25-2004 06:21 PM     Profile for Devastator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol, whattia mean? Need a sig? I thought you did your own artwork (not sure exactly why as I sit here but for some reason I was under that impression.)

I was away all weekend rounding up cattle and hunting down wayward bulls. Busted my ass with some hard assed work.

Drove a four wheeler (Honda 650) off the side of a road doing about 45 mph into a ditch Friday night. I was doing over 70 but after sliding arond the first couple of corners I came to one i wasn't going to make (and knew it) so I locked her up and slid her straight on into a ditch jumping away from the vehicle as she was going in.

I wasn't the one that ended up in the emergency room though. My cousin attempted to cut off his left hand the next morning. Ran across a bunch of deer, coyotes (Would have killed them but I was not quite ready for em at the time. They didn't stick around) Road Runners, Raccoons, Feral Hogs, and killed maybe a hundred or so Black Widows (with egg sacks usually).

Never saw any rattlers.

As far as IncognitoX goes, yeah I think I'm gonna keep her up but I wouldn't expect much in the way of traffic. Mainly me doing some rambling and I see of couple of your guys popping in and out from time to time. The reason I was put up is now moot. So whatever happens, happens. You know just as much about that as I do at this point.

So whattia mean about the "Loved" remark? Need a sig file?

[ 07-25-2004: Message edited by: Devastator ]

--------------------

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2004 02:02 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*raises hand*
me too, pretty pretty please? :-)

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 08-21-2004 08:40 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's my love? *sniffle*

;-)

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 08-22-2004 12:35 AM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he ya go

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com