next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Damn Wisdom Teeth

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damn Wisdom Teeth
Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 07-17-2004 12:59 AM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just had them pulled yesterday and I feel like I have been clocked in the jaw several times over. My face is so swollen right now, I almost look like Nixon.

[/rant]

--------------------

Shiny.

Posts: 205 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2004 06:21 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't forget to drink a couple tall cans w/ those pain killers =)

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Jakeman
Sarge
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 03:46 PM     Profile for The Jakeman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had mine out several years ago. DON'T DRINK MILKSHAKES OR ANY OTHER "SUCKING" DRINKS. IT HURTS.

--------------------

lamo mac boy

Posts: 800 | From: Modesto, California, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2004 06:44 PM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had 4 taken out, and for the past 3 days, anytime I got up to walk or even sit up, i felt like vomiting. It's been a real fun time .

--------------------

Shiny.

Posts: 205 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2004 03:25 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anything sucking can cause stitches to pop. Also smoking can cause the same thing...and also lead to "dry socket". I smoked after mine and suffered nothing, but I also went to work the day after and popped stitches from the physical intensity of my job (which after that I got sent home by the doctor for 5 days hehe...man I loved being salary back then).
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2004 12:36 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The wisdom teeth suck! The best advise I have is to take a lot of Motrin. It really helps with the aches.
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2004 03:03 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to take out my wisdom teeth for my complimentary prescription of vicodin!
Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 07-19-2004 03:54 PM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been living off of Advil and Tylonol 3's.

--------------------

Shiny.

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2004 04:11 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tell them to up it from the Tylenol 3. Those things do jack shit. Insist for the best, VICODIN!
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2004 07:25 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i dunno what you guys are talking about though with the pain...i never had ANY pain afterwards. Guess that is what pain thresholds are all about.
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2004 01:25 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dude, snag - you're tough.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 01:43 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snag - It has nothing to do with pain tolerance. There are many variables with wisdom teeth extractions. Depending on the scenario it could go from an easy process with little or no pain to a very complicated surgery with a bunch of pain:

1) All four teeth are straight and already broken through the gums.

2) All four teeth are straight and some are through the gums.

3) All 4 teeth are below the gum line.

4) One or more teeth are angled.

5) There is interference with the teeth being removed and other teeth, jaw bone, etc.

6) Nerve issues.

7) Other complications.

It doesn't take an oral surgeon to figure that out.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 02:23 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Insist for the best, VICODIN!"

Amateurs...

Ask for Dilaudid.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 03:52 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vicodins do it for me. Of course if I was as tough as Snag, I wouldn't be having this conversation.

god
Sarge
Member # 52

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 06:08 PM     Profile for god   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't have any pain afterwards either.... but I did almost fall over when i first stood up from the knock out drugs..

Didn't take a single pain killer....I have about 4 full bottles of pain killers from various injuries that i didn't use...

Is vicodin american? is it percocets in canada? When i had my hurting back I had these patches that were fucking weird...

It was basically a sticker that had a silvery sticky side....I used to put them on my back and loose all feeling from that part of my spine down...IT was needed to sleep somedays because I had 4 severly herniated discs in my back and other problems with my nerves....it fucking sucked..lost a football ticket through school cause of it too!!

[ 07-20-2004: Message edited by: god ]

Posts: 260 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2004 06:46 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Percocets are American also I believe.

What was that patch called?

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2004 03:52 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
percs and vicos own!!! i've had them both. and i swear, you only need two or 3 beers. and atleast two pills (three is fun). and it is the most happy fun drunk/body high i ever get. i'm hella awake feelin, but drunk feelin, but w/o the dumbness that comes w/ intoxication. and when you walk up stairs! . . holy shit, you feel like you are floating up. and when you lie down. . damn that is a soft pillow. makes your mattress feel like a fuckin cloud.

love it!!!!! gimme percs!!! gimme gimme!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2004 02:33 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite painkiller was that 8 Oz bottle of synthetic morphine I had 10 years ago.

2 or 3 drops in your root beer and look out. Damn bottle lasted about a year and helped smooth out some horrific 'coming downs'.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2004 03:55 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds delicious.
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 07-21-2004 04:10 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had 4 taken out when I was 17 or 18... I didn't have a car at the time and ma & pa were too busy to drive me there and back.

The bus ride afterward was about 90 minutes long, during which time my mouth was pretty much full of the gauze and blood (you can't even imagine how much that sucked). When I was finally able to get off the bus, I immediatly spat a mouthful of fresh blood into the snow next to it. The people waiting to get on the bus looked positively horrified (ok, that part was fun).

Of course, I wasn't home yet... just stopped at the drug store to pick up the codine prescription. Then there was another 20 minute wait for the next bus and a 15 minute ride home, adding up to a total of about 2.5 hours from the procedure until when I finally got home and was able to pass out.

Did I mention how positively freaky the sound of your teeth being crushed by a pair of pliers is inside your own head?

Then there was the time I got my laser eye surgery done. That's another experience in pure hell. Long story short; for 3 days I had to put eyedrops in every 15 minutes, 24/7. I didn't sleep for those three days, apart for 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there. I couldn't see anything for the entire time either as I had to keep a cool damp cloth on my eyes the entire time to remain comfortable.

As the lack of sleep progressed, the delerium set in and listening to the radio (the only thing I could really do) became quite... odd. At one point I had switched to the local university radio station and, for some reason, the 3am DJ decided to play what I can only assume was the devil's soundtrack, with people screaming in the background to odd sounding drums and some wailing guitar style that I'd never heard before. I think it was real, but I'm not entirely sure.

At any rate, my vision is better than 20/20 now, and I consider the surgery to be a very wise investment.

[ 07-21-2004: Message edited by: Serengeti ]

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2004 04:29 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
serengeti. . were you jus a regular glasses wearin dood? stigmatisms err anything?
were ya near or far sited??
i want someone to laser my eyes up
shooo. . better than 20/20 !!! that's pimpin

any weird side affex? lights are brighter at night? idunno

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2004 10:53 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd say the 3 day annoyance was very much worth it if you have better than 20/20 now.

Luckly, I shouldn't have to go through with glasses/corrective surgery. My vision has always been great (last test I was rated at 30/20 [which I didn't even think was possible]). I guess it was all those carrots I used to eat while watching Looney Tunes.

Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2004 01:40 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grumpy~ I was near sighted. I could see ok without glasses, but from more than 20 feet away or so, I wouldn't be able to recognize a face. There are some additional halos around lights at night now, but it only took a little while to get used to them. A fair tradeoff in my estimation.

GFK~ Totall agree that it was worth it, best investment I ever made. Also, my surgery was over 5 years ago... current procedures (as I understand) are even less hassle than what I went through. They actually had to use a scalpel to cut part of my eyes, apparantly they don't cut at all anymore.

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2004 04:30 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, no-cut is the new thing now. I heard that if you go in the morning, by evening your vision is back to normal and better than ever. I heard someone on Howard Stern raving about it. He's like "You can literally see your vision getting better throughout the day"
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 07-22-2004 10:07 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember having the thick roots of a wisdom tooth cracked away from my jaw bone. I remember the pain a week later.

It

hurts!

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com