Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » I know what I want to be when I grow up

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I know what I want to be when I grow up
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2004 07:46 AM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want to be a first grade teacher
I don't want to ever have a child of my own, I want to know kids when they are still sweet and fun...so I want to have kids but, they don't come home with me

I have a four year old nephew and he is the coolest kid ever and he's still young

he's what made me change my mind about the intelligence of children... I can have in depth conversations with him (no jokes please)

Posts: 746 | From: Hell | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-24-2004 10:20 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
children start off perfect in every way and get broken in life. but this is what life is all about... it is a test.

or sumthin' like that...

MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2004 10:20 AM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yea kids are fun. i've worked with kids for a long time, used to do summer camp with kids ages 5-8 and then with kids 9-12 and now i work with kids age 10-15. its a lot of fun.

its great to listen to these like 14 year old kids talking bout things they do like they are the frist person in the world to do them. I make them listen to a lot of punk music from back in the day, try to slap some knowledge on them.

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 02-24-2004 11:09 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my buddy's girlfriend's sister's daughter (!) aged sixish attacked me with huge-ass tweezers and a pencil the other weekend. She's cool. I can still see the marks on my arm.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-24-2004 11:25 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FS:
my buddy's girlfriend's sister's daughter (!) aged sixish attacked me with huge-ass tweezers and a pencil the other weekend. She's cool. I can still see the marks on my arm.

Shes infected with the maddness, you must put her down.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2004 02:03 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
she's got the rage!!

i used to tutor 4th graders every year in high school for the same teacher.

it was fun workin with them. i only worked with the ones who were really smart, or really stupid. but you can tell what kids get neglected by their parents or kids that do'nt really get to spend time with their family.

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2004 02:09 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm changing majors here @ WVU. I know I want to go into PolySci because it interests me, but I thought about staying in Calculus because I think it's great. Minor in Math?
TraCerr
Sarge
Member # 3048

Rate Member

posted 02-24-2004 02:43 PM     Profile for TraCerr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everyday our computer guy at work brings in his lil guy for the last hour of the day. He's 3 yrs old, and such a cutie. Everytime I see him he makes my day. He always asks for hugs. I love that age. They copy everything you do and its so damn cute!
Posts: 200 | From: Dead Deer, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-24-2004 03:37 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mynameisxanthan:
Shes infected with the maddness, you must put her down.

F'ing LOL!!!

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2004 08:49 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to have a child with the right woman. He's gonna turn out right.

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2004 10:12 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 02-25-2004 03:59 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
when I grow up, I want to retire.

dangerous words from a guy who won't have his BS till age 25.

god I'm lazy

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-25-2004 08:40 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WillyTrombone:
when I grow up, I want to retire.

dangerous words from a guy who won't have his BS till age 25.

god I'm lazy

Just become a teacher and remain lazy for the rest of your life while holding tight to your union.

(My wife will kill me for saying that)

Killer~ How are you sure it will be a boy?

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 02-25-2004 10:55 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyborg6:
Killer~ How are you sure it will be a boy?

It's just a strong wish

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-25-2004 09:32 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't want to do this until after I settle down though...(10-15 more years)
yeah I'm married, but that's not settled down, we still have a lot of traveling and fun to experience before we decide on a permanant residence

If we do decide to have children we already know it will be a boy... you can pay not too much money to have the sex of your child predetermined....there's no way I could handle a girl, and don't ever want to have one of my own...I could teach them when they're young, but I'm not ever going to deal with teenage girls *cowers in fear*

Posts: 746 | From: Hell | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-25-2004 09:41 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good luck passing the urine test for the teaching job, Smokey ...

jk!

My mom is a teacher too, I think its one of the most rewarding things you can do. One of the future jobs I've thought about is being a teacher at a college.

MrsCyborg
Sarge
Member # 155

Rate Member

posted 02-26-2004 09:29 AM     Profile for MrsCyborg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a librarian at a community (2-year) college. It is quite rewarding, overall, however there are days when I want to leave and never return.

It is shameful how so many people can take the opportunity for an education for granted.....

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-26-2004 11:36 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrsCyborg:
I'm a librarian at a community (2-year) college. It is quite rewarding, overall, however there are days when I want to leave and never return.

It is shameful how so many people can take the opportunity for an education for granted.....

What community college do you work at? I am currently at a community college here too!

New River Community and Technical College Represent!

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com