next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Interesting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interesting
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-20-2004 07:20 AM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a subject I wasn't familiar with at all, I just stumbled accross this page

the country is changing

http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v04/n291/a02.htm

Posts: 746 | From: Hell | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-20-2004 01:22 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"We have a much more directed petition than the one two years ago," committee spokeswoman Jennifer Knight said.

ah, I can't help but think the first petition was written by a bunch of stoners even though that's not true. That would just make that statement funny.

"OK dude, hehehe, we really gotta do better this time...." *snickers*

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-20-2004 01:39 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This coming from a state with legal prostituion.

Nevadas new state quarter should have the slogan "WEED AND HOOKERS LOL" on it.

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2004 05:20 AM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
In 2002, the effort to legalize marijuana in Nevada garnered national attention, including a cover story in Time magazine. In addition to the Nevada initiative, the Marijuana Policy Project also is backing medical marijuana initiatives in Arkansas and Montana this year.

its spreading, there are more people in this country that smoke pot than don't, and I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick of America's bullshit, middle aged, white haired, millionaire jackasses that run this country,
not the people, we have basically no fucking way to reform without a revolution of some kind

and no, this is not all about drugs...

fuck that, its about so much more, like how $250 dollars (in 6 monthes) was taken out of my check for Social Security.....money I won't get when I'm old
that pisses me off

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: Druidae ]

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2004 07:57 AM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what's wrong with prostitution?

why does it bother you if some loner can get some with his wallet rather than the usual way?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2004 10:08 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FS:
what's wrong with prostitution?

why does it bother you if some loner can get some with his wallet rather than the usual way?

Oh, nothings wrong with prostitution. Worlds oldest job or whatever they call it. I just found it ironic that this thing came from the same state as legal prostitution.

And I also find it humorous that every 18 year old burn out on the planet wants to legalize marijuanna under some fake-political guise.

quote:
its spreading, there are more people in this country that smoke pot than don't, and I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick of America's bullshit, middle aged, white haired, millionaire jackasses that run this country,

And getting high is the way to stop this injustice? Wait..roll eyes time You are probably just another smoker that wants it legal for purely "dude, im so baked" factor. Which is fine I guess but just admit that. Stop trying to pass it off as a "omg political statement. i am going to make 'merica better! stop the tyranny! ...wait, I forgot what I was saying"

quote:
fuck that, its about so much more, like how $250 dollars (in 6 monthes) was taken out of my check for Social Security.....money I won't get when I'm old
that pisses me off

Yeah, blah blah blah I bitch about taxes too. It sure does suck when they take it out of your paycheck but are you trying to tell me social security is bad? How else are we going to take care of the elderly populous? Sometimes giving up some money on your paycheck goes for the better of the country.

It's like I said, I have no problems with marijuanna but I think its just a phase people stick themselves in. At the end of the day its a stupid plant and not some bold political statement. Those who think it is, need to put down the cheetos for a few.

<3 kthnx.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2004 01:06 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
xanny is so smart. i love him and his drawings.
FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2004 01:30 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do very much think that pot should be legal too btw. There's a small libertarian in all of us

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2004 01:49 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, this article is from a marijuanna reform site. I think it might be a tad "biased"
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2004 02:30 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
xanthan I don't remember the last time I wanted to say this to you but
you are a fucking prick

I have just had one of the worst fucking days of my life and I come home to get dissed.... fuck you you don't know a goddamn thing about me if you think that's what I'm about I am not a fucking stoner, I have smoked, I do not smoke alot....asshole

ohhh and you think social security is working?
*laughs*
you're dillusional if you think that's going to take care of us...

the only people that will benifit from it are the people that are recieving it, which the government has already spent their money...so oops, where's our money when the government pays the old folks, with ours?

I have never been so angry at you for judging me like that...*finger*

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: Druidae ]

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2004 02:49 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Druidae:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Hey, also

quote:
It's like I said, I have no problems with marijuanna

I could honestly reply to you but I don't think I am going to.

Sorry you've had a bad day, that sucks. Hope your day gets better

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-21-2004 03:04 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The majority of the population in this country does not smoke weed.

Making pot legal isn't going to get your Social Security back. If it did, hey, I'd be all for it, but making pot legal isn't a big deal in the first place.

I hear the same crap from a few of my friends (sadly, ones I thought would never smoke) and they're obviously misinformed when they tell me the US and Canada are the only two nations that haven't legalized pot. That's a pile of baloney.

I really don't see the big deal. You can easily get it, you can easily hide it. I used to casually smoke a couple times a year, but I don't know if it's that big of a deal to do anymore. There's a million other better things you can do with your time.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2004 04:33 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, we don't have legalized pot, but we don't really have illegalized pot either. It's legal (at least in BC) for medicinal use. But any other posession really only gets a slap on the wrist unless you're dealing.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2004 07:03 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't smoke pot but I think it should be legal. I mean, of course, if someone was found to have caused damage to others while under the influence, it would still be criminal negligence but just like with alcohol, there are many more responsible users than irresponsible. Hell, I don't think the drinking age should be so damn high, either. Most of the irrespnsible use I've seen of most chemicals stems from the idea of enjoying a forbidden fruit. (The balance, I would say, resides in denial or ignorance or accaptance of the consequences, and probably in that order)

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
franky p fuzzlestank
Visor
Member # 3061

Rate Member

posted 02-22-2004 03:12 PM     Profile for franky p fuzzlestank   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hell yeah Willy...that's the kinda shit I'm talking about

My day is still bad btw...my sister in law was just kicked out of her house and she has nowhere else to go....she's probably going to be sleeping on a park bench tonight...but she deserves it

Posts: 6 | From: home | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-22-2004 03:15 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I said that
damn logins

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com