next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Spring Projects

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spring Projects
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 11:50 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.cellular.co.za/accessories/phone_blockers/CELL-PHONE-JAMMER-SH066PL2A.htm

I need one of these bad!

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 12:57 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dont sit near any doctors on call.

besides what gives you the right to block my calls? if you dont want to listen to people talking on the phone get some ear plugs, they are cheaper.

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
SnOrfus
Sarge
Member # 1345

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 01:31 PM     Profile for SnOrfus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ditto, may as well start handing out muzzles in public cause you don't want people to talk around you...

--------------------

- SnOrfus

Posts: 53 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 01:58 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
^^^ You're being a little bit dramatic ^^^

Im for cellphone blockers in places like classrooms, I can't tell you how much I want to kill someone when I am taking a really hard test and I hear the ring tone for 50 Cents - In da club, which is the worst fucking song ever, ring out in the classroom. Maybe if they had Creedence Clearwater Revival ringtones I would be ok with it. Urge to kill rising.

That and movies too.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-18-2004 02:58 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
When you have had your meal or enjoyed your coffee in peace and quiet, you can then switch off your phone jammer and continue on your way completely stress free.

Oh? You're done with your bagel? I can use my cellphone now? Cuz I really would like to know when MY WIFE HAS HER BABY / GRANDFATHER HAS FALLEN ON THE FLOOR AND NEEDS MY HELP / KIDS GET LOCKED OUT OF THE HOUSE AFTER SCHOOL / (more emergencies, etc.)

Pricks. This shouldn't be available to consumers. It should only be enforced by establishments that choose to support it, and should let people know that their reception is being blocked. Theaters, sure. Some restaraunts, bars or meeting places, of course. But they should let patrons know that they have them and are using them.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 03:03 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
Oh? You're done with your bagel? I can use my cellphone now? Cuz I really would like to know when MY WIFE HAS HER BABY / GRANDFATHER HAS FALLEN ON THE FLOOR AND NEEDS MY HELP / KIDS GET LOCKED OUT OF THE HOUSE AFTER SCHOOL / (more emergencies, etc.)

Oh shut the fuck up, you don't need to be tethered to your goddamned cellphone.

I MUST KNOW WHAT AISHAA THINKS ABOUT THE NEW GUY IN CLASS, PLEASE TALK TO ME DURING A EXAM. KTHNX. OH GIRL HIS IS FAWWN.

ASDHSAKDHSAKLDHSALDHZXLHD!@31239071230923!@$&(!@$

edit - Also, if my wife is having a baby Im not going to be eating a bagel on the L-train. kthnx ^____^

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-18-2004 03:08 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Captain of the debate team

Like I said, those things should be used, but used by businesses, not individual people. I definitely agree those classroom calls are annoying as all fuck.

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 03:10 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just so you know, I consider cellphones to be one of the worst things in the world.
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-18-2004 03:11 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
orly?

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 03:27 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flux:
orly?

rly!

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 03:49 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with xan. I'd wager for every one "MY WIFE HAS HER BABY / GRANDFATHER HAS FALLEN ON THE FLOOR AND NEEDS MY HELP / KIDS GET LOCKED OUT OF THE HOUSE AFTER SCHOOL / (more emergencies, etc." cell phone call, there are ten million "WHATS FOR DINNER?/SHOULD I STOP BY BLOCKBUSTER?/LET ME TELL YOU THIS JOKE I HEARD AT THE OFFICE / (more babbling at stoplights, etc" cell phone calls.
Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-18-2004 04:03 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, but there's no point if the caller isn't in a theater, or a library, or a place where quiet is required.

Just because you don't want to hear the guy in the convertible next to you talking at a stop light doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to.

Certain places, yes. Other places, no.

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 04:13 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Just because you don't want to hear the guy in the convertible next to you talking at a stop light doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to."

Well, if I can't use a device to block his call, can I just blare my car horn to fuk with him instead?

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
rokz
Sarge
Member # 3046

posted 02-18-2004 04:19 PM     Profile for rokz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Calm down people.

Anyways, I need my cellphone. I use it mainly for emergencies and for the free long distance calls to some of my old friends. Other than that I use it maybe 10 minutes a day. What I dont need is some fucker blocking my access.

Im sorry that some people are annoying but Im willing to deal with that. Im all for installing these things into classrooms and other places where cell phones are a no no. So there is your solution xan.

I need my cellphone. I dont know why everyone is jumping all over eachother.

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-18-2004 04:22 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rokz:
I use it mainly for... the free long distance calls to some of my old friends.

LIAR!

--------------------

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 04:43 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I need my cellphone. I dont know why everyone is jumping all over eachother.

No-ones jumping on anyone I just think cellphones are the fucking antichrist. I hate hate hate them. So if someone wants to block out annoying twats I'm all for it.

I have a cellphone I keep in my car thats for emergencies. Its always off unless I have an emergency, then I simply poke the on button and use it. My emergencies do not consist of "Oh, my god! Johnny Depp is so cute!" in my left ear while Im in public places.

Noise pollution, Im telling ya! And plus, I hate the freaking idea of anyone being to get ahold of me whenever they feel like it. How is that attractive at all? I needs my peace biyotches!

mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 04:55 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Cac and Outrider.

I think we should team up and start killing people with cellphones http://www.mobidirect.com/cellgun.mpg that would be ironic wouldn't it ?

rokz
Sarge
Member # 3046

posted 02-18-2004 05:29 PM     Profile for rokz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok xan, you hate me now because I have a cellphone that has helped me in a few "not so good" situations?

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited by: rokz ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 05:33 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yikes guys I am fairly certain I won't actually go buy a cell phone blocker but if I did I would never block any of you guys. =)

As far as doctors on call go a cell phone is not going to be 100% reliable all the time anyway. There are spots where you have no reception, etc. Having said that the doctor should stay out of a movie theatre or similar place if he may get a phone call.

I am with Xan on hating cell phones. I have to have one for my job but it's always on vibrate (no annoying ring tones for me) and I turn it off in meetings, restaurants or most 'public' places. I don't ever take it in a movie theatre or similar. At home sure don't wear it on my side.

What I really hate are stupid bastards with their Nextel on speakerphone in public! It's bad enough listening to some asshole yelling into their phone while they hold it in front of their face but now we get to hear both sides of their pathetic converstation. All they need to do it turn the god damn speakerphone off and put the cell phone to their ear.

At work when I hear someone using the speakerphone in a near-by office I usually yell comments to the person who's voice is booming out the speaker like they are trying to talk to me. I yell out things like "what?" or "Are your talking to me?".

It usually gets the person to lower the volume or turn the god damn speaker off and put the phone up to their ear like a normal person.

The fucking idiots don't know that speakerphone is for in your car or somewhere private.

So I guess I would block everyone using the speakerphone in public.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 06:42 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I go both ways. I don't use my cell that often. But I do occasionally, and I usually take it with me when I go somewhere if I need to phone for a ride and I know that there isn't going to be a pay phone around, or if I'm trying to meet up with people, but I can't find them.

At the bar I usually leave it on, because it's loud enough in there that I have to go outside to use it anyway, but at restaraunts it's off and in the theatre it's off.

Vibrate mode is for suckers, besides I have Rock and Roll part 2 as my ringer . I do hate people that refuse to turn them off though, and I there have been times when I've seriously considered grabbing them from people and smashing them to bits. And I HATE people who talk and drive at the same time. That's just fucking dangerous, there have been studies done showing that when a person is holding a conversation it requires so much attention and concentration that you can't concentrate on anything else. I'd like to have a jammer just to get soccer moms yacking on the phone while weaving across two lanes in their gas-guzzling Cadillac Escalade peice of useless shit SUV.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 06:54 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Ok xan, you hate me now because I have a cellphone that has helped me in a few "not so good" situations?

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited by: rokz ]

Hey, my points over there ... I think you missed it

I don't hate anyone but cellphone people are just annoying. I'm all for a cellphone being used as a 'helpfull tool' but I never see it being used as that. Its just like a big extension cord for people who are obnoxious. I even have a cellphone as I stated above, I just never use it. As long as you keep it out of my exams and other certain places where you shouldn't have a fucking phone then I am super peachy ^___^

ps. hey guys check out my new Nokia 5000 Cellphone

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 07:17 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doctors on call don't use cellphones anyways, they still use beepers (which I'm pretty sure won't be blocked by a jammer). Hell, I've got instructions to build your own jammer, it's not too difficult, just flood the spectrum with whitenoise.

Personally, I hate cell phones, always have. People used to get by for hundreds of years without them, but suddenly you'll die without them. Seems rather silly to me. I might just get a jammer for all the fun I'd have with it. Muahahaha ;-D

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 08:30 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
/me agrees with scooby

for anyone that thinks paying for a cellphone gives them the rght to use it anytime, anywhere, for any reason, I will gladly claim that my right for a quiet theater (which I have paid to be in), a safe road (which I have paid to be on), a pleasant dining atmosphere (which I have paid to use), a constructive classroom (which I am paying THROUGH THE NOSE to be in), etc., ad infinitum, supercedes anyone else's right to discuss rupert, dr. phil, some crappy singer's stupid publicity stunts, or last weekend's DIP citation. If talking to someone isn't there is such a strong priority that you're willing to be obnoxious to those around you, you really ought to take a step back and ask just what you get from society and what you give to it. Maybe you're not worthy of all this 'necessary' technology.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 08:52 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with your agreement and what you agreed to.

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 08:55 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Agrees with WillyT*

I use my cell as a tool. As I said above, I don't dine with the thing. I don't watch movies with it. And if I MUST use it, then I find a place where it's safe and nonintrusive to do so.

And I don't discuss Dr. Phil, who broke up with whom at that party, Descarte's take on the nature of reality or any other BS. I've never had a call last longer than 3min on that phone, and I don't intend to change that stat.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 02-18-2004 10:10 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but my ring is dance commander...

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 02-18-2004 11:16 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadHatter:
but my ring is dance commander...

You're the exception!

Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 02-18-2004 11:22 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd have to agree with Willy too. I'd prefer that the quiet of theaters, restaraunts and classrooms take precedence over cellphones. You can always take the phone outside if you need to use it. I don't feel like ripping out the bigscreen and taking it and the projector outside cuz some dumb bitch's mangled Fur Elise ring keeps going off.

--------------------

FS
Sarge
Member # 3053

Rate Member

posted 02-19-2004 01:28 PM     Profile for FS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys need to visit Finland sometime

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by FS:
Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS on this one

Posts: 649 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 02-19-2004 02:10 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aren't those jammers (and pretty much all of the other stuff on that page) illegal in the USA anyways???
Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com