next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Help

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2004 10:27 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't get Black and White to run on my computer! I hate Windows XP...grrrr

ok I've got XP running in 98 compatibility

I also have the expansion pack, Creature Isle...Creature Isle runs but not Black and White...

so I uninstalled the expansion pack to see if B&W would run by itself
it won't...

got any ideas?

Posts: 746 | From: Hell | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2004 10:32 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What does it do, just not start? Check for newest patches to start, and check forums for incompatible hardware that you may have [driver-related]
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-05-2004 10:49 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well. . . if the expansion runs, then like Acid said, check #1 for any incompatibilities.

Is it giving you any errors or does it simply quit back to the desktop after launching.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2004 02:06 AM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it runs fine on my winxp pro. until i installed the 1.1 patch. i had to uninstall the patch to get the game to work. i also have not been able to get the winamp plug in to work with winamp 5.

so uhh if you have any patches installed, uninstall them

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2004 08:35 AM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it loads the main screan, but then when it starts to go to the next screan it crashes to the desktop like nothing happened.

i see about the patch,and check for the incompatibilities and get back to you later.

thank you.

--------------------

Oh you can expect that, everyone's mad here, you may have noticed I'm not exactly all together myself

Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2004 10:59 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It still doesn't work...I uninstalled it and checked the compatibility, I give, but I do like Creature Isle

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com