Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » So I just bought a GameCube

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I just bought a GameCube
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 11-13-2003 04:48 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I figured that its about time I replaced the old N64, and the GameCube seems to have the best array of games for younger children (like mine), so I picked up the Platinum Gamecube and 4 controllers and am planning on giving them to my kids for Christmas.

Now I need games, and therefore need advice. What GC games are good for 6-9 year olds? What GC games are good for us old guys? What GC games absolutely suck? If you could only own one GC game, what would it be?

--------------------

Posts: 928 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 11-13-2003 05:55 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tony hawk 4 is good. and i am sure it looks fine on a gamecube.. how old are you kids now? there are always a slew of new mario games out and a lot of them are good. Soul Calibur is fun, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, most of the starwars games are good, you can check out Metroid Prime... i didnt like it but some people found it fun.

The Simpsons Hit & Run is a good game... a lot like GTA3. and true crime streets of LA looks fun but i havent picked it up yet.

Metal Gear Solid is going to be out for the gamecube in a few months .. so you should check that out.. metal gear never disapponts.

i dont have a gamecube so i dont really check out games for it. you should just go to ebgames and look around.

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2003 02:30 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember wanting to play mario party 4 at E3 back in '02 but I never did get a chance. Now I saw an ad for mario party 5, still having not played 4. Regardless, it's a fun game especially for multiple players, and it appropriate for any ages.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 11-14-2003 02:45 AM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Super Monkey Ball is a must for the kids.

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mich
Sarge
Member # 2550

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2003 03:32 AM     Profile for Mich   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SuperMario Sunshine will be ok for you and your kids.I play it often with my girlfriend and is really good.
Posts: 102 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 11-14-2003 09:17 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked Savage Killer Mayhem Party, it's great for kids.
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2003 10:51 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Super bondage monkey sodomizer is good for the under 10 crowd.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2003 11:30 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SSX Tricky is cheap and loads of fun.
Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2003 11:46 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mario Kart: Double Dash will be out soon and will definately be good.

The new Zelda disc that is coming out soon will have a bonus disc with every Zelda game on it (from what I read).

Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2003 11:12 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOOH ZELDA!

That fsking game has wasted untold hundreds of hours of my life.

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2003 04:02 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...don't tell me you forgot about Zelda, the best game to ever come out of Nintendo.
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2003 02:04 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually...yes I did. I haven't really been into consoles since 1994-ish (when I got hardcore with PC gaming), and had forgotten about Zelda (Last one I played was Links Awakening). Is it as good as it used to be?

--------------------

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2003 10:59 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only not-fun zelda I know of is Majora's Mask. All the others are pretty entertaining (the second one was just HARD).
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2003 04:05 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved WindWaker. I got sickly addicted to that game. Played it non-stop for 2 weeks until I completed it. You just get completely sucked into the story line/game.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com