Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » What games are people playing lately?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What games are people playing lately?
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 01-21-2003 02:54 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't been doing a lot of gaming as of late; too much school work, and robotics competition takes up a lot of time.

So I'm wondering, what games are you playing?
I've been playing DiabloII, Morrowind, and some Descent 3 when I get the chance.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 01-21-2003 03:00 PM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I play nothing on the PC. I occasionally play SSX Tricky and Pokemon Puzzle League on console.
Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-21-2003 03:01 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started collecting ALL this years titles but have yet to play any. I play Q3 from time to time and will most likely stick with that for now.

Will give Battlefield 1942 a go when there is time.

Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 01-21-2003 03:45 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grand Theft Auto III. Can't wait for the next installment. If there was a network version of that game I would be in heaven.

--------------------

(_*_)

Posts: 163 | From: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-21-2003 05:06 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Command and Conquer Renegade

It's holding me over until Generals is out. Besides, nothing beats leaving a Nuclear Strike Beacon in a Weapons Factory, running outside, and watching the anarchy!

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-21-2003 06:01 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been holding two phones to each other, speaker to receiver so each person thinks the other called them.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-21-2003 10:02 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
I've been holding two phones to each other, speaker to receiver so each person thinks the other called them.

Lol!

D2Lod
Q3A very little tho.
American Army
BF1942
return to Wolfenstein

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
DGhost
Sarge
Member # 2704

Member Rated:

posted 01-21-2003 10:32 PM     Profile for DGhost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've recently finished:

- Metroid Prime (gamecube)
- Rygar (on ps2, remember the nintendo version?)
- Ico (kind of "out of this world/flashback" but in 3D, on ps2)
- Grand Theft auto 3: Vice city (the 4 should be multiplayer btw)

And I play on my PC:
- Quake 3 (Threewave CTF and Urban Terror)
- Homeworld: Cataclysm from time to time

And I just came back from a conference in Montreal where Graeme Devine gave a presentation of Doom 3 (conference of the IGDA) and I spoke with him afterward. Really nice guy! I'll never wash my hand again.. :P

[ 01-21-2003: Message edited by: DGhost ]

--------------------

DGhost

"Everybody knows Rocket Launchers have proximity safety sensors that lockdown the firing mechanism to prevent point blank use, not my fault, stupid game."

Posts: 514 | From: Montreal | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2003 12:55 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finished Warcraft3 single-player and have finished the first 5 campaigns of Heroes of Might & Magic IV, but lately it's only been Diablo 2 - LoD
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2003 01:09 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who Disruptor? He's not all that. He was a dick on IRC. Hell, he only got a job cause he jocked QuakeWorld so much.
Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2003 02:42 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh I forgot to mention Never Winter Nights!
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-22-2003 10:20 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've actually just about stopped playing pc games other than the occasional lan. Lately I've taken to playing pool again at the Silver Bullet. Ran into Vezel there just the other night in fact.

Nothing like picking up a random stick, rolling it across the table to check the straightness and then chaulking it up after not playing for almost 15 years.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 01-24-2003 09:28 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GTA multiplayer ??? WTF you gonna do there ? Run around and pull each other outta cars and steal 'em ?

I showed that game to a couple of lesbian friends ... they were really AGHAST that you could go do a whore then beat her to death and steal her money. (Whew ... not a good idea to show them that. LOL)

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nazgul
Sarge
Member # 967

posted 01-24-2003 09:49 AM     Profile for Nazgul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Diablo 2.
Posts: 142 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 01-24-2003 09:49 AM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey DG, out of curiosity, did you enjoy ICO? I bought it last year after reading various reviews... I gave it about 5 hours of my time but it never drew me in... I ended up trading it in when I bought GTA:VC
Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 01-24-2003 09:56 AM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and to answer the original question:

I have barely touched my PC in the last three months. The problem is, my monitor got fuxxor'd when I moved three months ago and now has a constant vertical flicker, similar to what you would see if you were running at about a 20Hz refresh rate.

I've tried everything to diagnose the problem and came to the conclusion that I would need to get it professionally repaired or replaced.

Next weekend I will finally have the spare cash to get me new one.

As for consoles, I've been playing:
GTA:VC (Awesome!)
Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance (Very cool, but way too short)
Simpson's Wrestling with the kids (Crappy game, but they like it)
Metroid Prime (When I can squeeze in some time with the GameCube, ie. after the kids are asleep)
SSX Tricky (See Metroid comment)

So, I have been gaming, but not that much altogether.

Though, I fully expect to get right back in the PC world when my new monitor is sitting on my desk... as it is now, I just can't stand to look at it for more than 5 minutes, which basically allows me to check my e-mail and log off (sorry stranger, CMXP is taking a long time cause of that).

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 01-24-2003 04:46 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think GTA MP would be good it you had people working for rival gangs. It would basically be the same as any FPS MP game, you run around and kill folks except you have car, can perform (repetitive) tasks for money, bang chicks and that's about it. The city scapes would be smaller with less people, you could race, shit like that.

--------------------

(_*_)

Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 01-24-2003 04:47 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've only ever fixed one monitor and that was over 10 years ago. It was the transformer but I have no idea what's wrong with yours.

--------------------

(_*_)

DGhost
Sarge
Member # 2704

Member Rated:

posted 01-24-2003 05:33 PM     Profile for DGhost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Serengeti: to answer your question, yes I really enjoyed that game since I was a fan of out of this world and flashback. But the game was too short for me (finished it in less than a day). I'm glad I rent it instead of buying it.

--------------------

DGhost

"Everybody knows Rocket Launchers have proximity safety sensors that lockdown the firing mechanism to prevent point blank use, not my fault, stupid game."

Posts: 514 | From: Montreal | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com