next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Favortie Music

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favortie Music
Kane
Sarge
Member # 2233

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2002 06:18 AM     Profile for Kane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just Wondering bout yours my is disturbed and puddle of muddid like to know what you think....

--------------------

Posts: 47 | From: coulterville,ca,usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2002 10:06 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Hanson.

*ducks*

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2002 10:08 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like way too many bands as 'favorites' to list here. They tend to be non-commercial bands but not always.

My all time favorite is all the Mike Patton projects, especially Mr. Bungle.

Radiohead is pretty commercial these days but they are great.

I am currently playing the new Chili Peppers CD quite a bit. They have a newish sound on this CD. Reminds me of New Order.

I used to be a huge Smashing Pumpkin/Billy Corgan fan. Still love Gish & Siamese Dream the most. Billy's new band Zwan is supposed to be putting out something soon.

The Creatures are a cool non-commercial band that I like.

I love music that sweeps from soft to hard and back again like The Deftones. One of my all time favorites.

Led Zepplin is one of my favorite older bands.

I like some old hard stuff like early Metallica, Slayer, Carcass & Pungent Stench.

Suicidal Tendencies are the coolest.

I love Hole.

Nirvana is another all time favorite. The genius of Kurt Cobain got me re-interested in starting a band back in the early 90's and got me through a low-point in my life. I loved that band.

Other bands from that time period like Mother Love Bone, Green River and Temple of the Dog who's members formed Pearl Jam & Soundgarden really were good IMO.

I like Chris Cornell's solo stuff as well.

I miss Layne Staley quite a bit and really loved Mad Season and Alice in Chains.

I used to be into Alien Sex Fiend and other goth bands like them.

I sorta like Linkin Park but I hate Limp
Bisquick's newer stuff. The first 2 CDs were ok.

Eiminem is cool. Besstie Boys Rock.

More later...I need some break-fast.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 2867

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2002 01:34 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eat the day.
Posts: 297 | From: Philly | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 09-28-2002 04:47 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It varies, but usually:
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
They Might Be Giants
Bach
Jeff Beck
Mozart
Dweezil Zappa
Holst
Paul Oakenfold
Various MP3.com electronica artists
Aphex Twin
Frank Zappa
Beethoven
Various MP3.com classical artists
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

[ 09-28-2002: Message edited by: Scooby ]

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-28-2002 07:05 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pink Floyd (another older band I still like)
Ministry
Revolting Cocks
Lard
NIN
Skinny Puppy
Lords of Acid
Beck
Weezer
Sex Pistols

--------------------

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2002 07:47 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite band is The Tea Party, there latest cd entitled "The Interzone Mantra" is as the lead singer/guitarist puts it, "Led Zeppelin VI". Right now, they are preparing for a Canadian tour with an orchestra, the Toronto Tabla Ensemble, and dancers not working at bars.

A band which I am getting into, and learning a lot from is a band called Planet X. There are two bands I know of which use this name, but just check out Virgil Donati. He is an experimental band, and every song sounds like a Neil Peart drum solo.

The next band I have started to like is King Crimson. I have become a big fan of progressive since I saw the difference between Peter Gabriel and early Genesis.

THat's it for now.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 09-30-2002 03:19 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
stave vai ownz
rush!
dream theater (most of it sucks, but erotomania ownz me)

steve morse - stressfest
metallica is aight
floater is tight
primus

i like hip hop a lot
i like all of the living legends crew
scarub, eligh, aceyalone, the grouch.
they are all cool.
jedi mind tricks
gangstar hahah, is aight.

WEEN!! ol school

virgil dinati?? he's a pimp ass drummer
tool is coo,
sublime is aight,

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-30-2002 03:33 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steve vai ownz rush? =)

I agree Primus is great.

--------------------

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2002 07:31 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listen to rock and metal mostly, the heavier the better. Among the better known groups I listen to a lot of tool, system of a down, megadeth, CKY, testament, ozzy, and alice cooper. As for lesser known groups I like: kerbdog, holochaust, head cheese, marc pattison, wolf hoffman, nick cave, corporate avenger, the uninvited, and many more if I wanted to sit around thinking of them.

wolfie - I fucked the chick in hanson.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2002 07:33 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow. I understand what jojo said. how long have I been gone?

[ 10-05-2002: Message edited by: WillyTrombone ]

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2002 12:29 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willy check out Carcass's Tools of the Trade. One of my favorite heavy groups/albums.

--------------------

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 10-06-2002 02:18 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i really like
red hot chilli pepper's old old stuff!
fuck their new crap, man that sux!!!
oh yah callifornication and newer sux asshole

mother's milk, sugar sex, all that good stuff is leet!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com