Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » "I don't get musicals. Why do they start to sing and dance all of a sudden?"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "I don't get musicals. Why do they start to sing and dance all of a sudden?"
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 12-06-2001 09:08 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone here seen Dancer in the Dark? I just saw this last night for the first time, I can't see how I could have missed it.

I don't have much time on the Internet these days but I really wanted to say that if anyone here hasn't seen it, rent the video and (hopefully) you won't be disappointed.

It's probably one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen, most likely the best I've seen this year. The beginning is even a little boring and plotless but it just adds to the effect of the movie in the later scenes - the slow pace of the start works so well with the tension towards the end.

And for anyone with any doubts, Bjork is a fantastic actress and is very convincing.

I've never read a good review of Dancer in the Dark, even though I haven't read many, but I think the movie is fantastic. Anyone else?

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Star6
Sarge
Member # 1184

Member Rated:

posted 12-06-2001 10:07 PM     Profile for Star6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great movie!
Posts: 62 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-07-2001 03:53 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... gotta check it out, musical aren't really my thing tho.
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 12-07-2001 03:44 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because it is in the script...

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 12-07-2001 04:53 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its not that people just start singing its that everyone around seems to know the songs.

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-07-2001 05:12 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW that was me posting. :P

I changed my email address and had to get the new password.

Anyway great movie IMO...

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 12-08-2001 09:53 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I wouldn't call it a musical. True, there are five or six scenes where everyone gets up and dances and sings, but don't think that it's like My Fair Lady or The Sound of Music. The lyrics in the songs are beautiful, and if you like Bjork's music, it gets even better.

I want to see it again, actually...

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rotkappchen
Visor
Member # 2656

Rate Member

posted 12-11-2001 08:27 PM     Profile for Rotkappchen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, i was in my fair lady now i feel bad! haha. i love musicals and i'm in them all the time, but i do think it's cheesey when people just randomly start singing. I know ya'll are guys, but on Days of our Lives there is this couple named Chloe and Brady, and there were two episodes where they randomly broke out into song...it cracked me up...but then again, I'm just easily amused.:-D
Posts: 4 | From: USofA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 12-12-2001 06:57 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd love to be in a musical.... the only problem is I can't sing. And I'm not so sure about my acting skills!

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com