next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » fatal1ty's cfg

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fatal1ty's cfg
DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2001 04:42 PM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember last year there was a link to his config and some screenshots. Anyone remember it and if the links still around?

--------------------

aka dAm

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2001 06:04 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think some of the cfgs are in pak0.pk3, right?
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
fear
Sarge
Member # 350

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2001 08:40 AM     Profile for fear   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The performance gain is negligible when compared to an optimized config, and IMO didn't really improve accuracy/skills. On top of that, it was ugly as hell, which is bad for my wanking needs, in that I was so disgusted at the way the game looked I couldn't wank

I used to have the config and some screenshots but lost them when I forgot to backup my Q3 folder, but basically what it is is turning the picmip up to a bazillion, killing dynamiclight, using simple items, and turning off all icons, award sounds/displays and your gun drawing

--------------------

*wank*

Posts: 539 | From: fear is everywhere | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2001 10:18 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks fear. I didn't want to change mine to be like it, I just wanted to show the screens to a friend.

--------------------

aka dAm

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
H3liCat
Visor
Member # 2467

Rate Member

posted 09-10-2001 01:14 AM     Profile for H3liCat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's cool, but obviously fatal1ty isn't good because of his config...
The only time copying cfg's can help is for CTF team chats or something, otherwise any cfg works fine once u get used to it and it isn't impractical

Posts: 25 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-10-2001 01:37 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said H3liCat

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-10-2001 01:58 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not all config ofcourse, but I must say that after tweaking my config slightly, using settings I found at the upset chaps webbie, I did notice a improvement in my game.

So even if a config wont make you l337, it can slightly improve your performance.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com