Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Weeee, me'z very happy!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weeee, me'z very happy!
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-20-2001 01:40 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Placed my order for 256K ADSL yesterday, should be here in 2 to 3 weeks! (I can barely sit still) I also got my mousewheel working in X-windows yesterday.

Happy happy, joy joy!!

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 04-20-2001 04:24 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe...how much do you have to pay Lindi?
And it's in I guess...how much out....?

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 04-20-2001 04:49 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sweet deal man!
Congrats on DSL coming to you

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-23-2001 06:00 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
um, it's 256/256. The cost is, eh, approximately (unsure of the rate) 40$ a month.
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 04-23-2001 02:20 PM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMNIT!

EVERYBODY but me has or is getting a fast internet connection!

I HATE AMERITECH AND INSIGHT CABLE!

Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 04-23-2001 02:28 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, fury, you're not the only one.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-23-2001 09:37 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, congrats Lin. . .

Fury, in case you've forgoten I'm on dial-up myself these days.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-24-2001 02:28 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This will hopefully give me a chance to play some of you guys again. I remeber, back in the q2 days, when I sayed up until something like 3 or 4 AM. to play with you guys. I always pinged around 250 - 350, with some packetloss. I still enjoyed those Rail-fests the most.
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 04-24-2001 11:31 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool Lindi - I have a rail with your name on it. It says male. :P

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-25-2001 02:16 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cacophonous:
Cool Lindi - I have a rail with your name on it. It says male. :P

I'll need to start practicing against Nightmarebots to have a chance then!

(I kinda got tired of people thinking of me as a girl, so I made the sig. )

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-25-2001 02:34 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lindi's a guy!?
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 04-25-2001 07:31 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lindi- just out of curiosity, what's the red stuff in your sig anyway? Is it some kind of muscle structure? I've been wondering for a while...
Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-26-2001 01:50 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Redlemons:
Lindi- just out of curiosity, what's the red stuff in your sig anyway? Is it some kind of muscle structure? I've been wondering for a while...

Weeeell, I just wanted to give the sig some texture, would have looked too plain without it. I used a filter called "fur" for PhotoShop... It was part of some filterpack.

Sad thing is I lost my "backup" of PhotoShop and all the filters I had, so I'm stuck with Paint now. Been trying to Learn Gimp now, but it's a little different so it'll take some time before I can turn out anything descent.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-26-2001 03:19 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gimp's a fun program. . . I still like photoshop though, it has more blur filters for one, and it has a much easier way of choosing the quality of a jpg file than gimp does. . . but Gimp can bump map, and it has lighting effects. . .

I made this in gimp this morning, I'm new to the program too, and I was experimenting with it. I absolutely had to save it though. I made it 320x240 res. . . but it's actually 1024x768 and is my new wallpaper.

Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2001 09:40 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!!! GIMP!!! LOLOLOL!!!

/me runs off laughing maniaclly

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2001 10:22 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
? Parsie, what brought that on. . .?

I mean just because we are so much more gifted than you are is no reason to make fun of us.

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 12:00 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, the name 'GIMP' LOL!!!

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 02:30 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Parsout:
Nah, the name 'GIMP' LOL!!!

Parsout

Hehe, Linux is littered with crazy abreviations!

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 02:32 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
[QB]Gimp's a fun program. . . I still like photoshop though, it has more blur filters for one, and it has a much easier way of choosing the quality of a jpg file than gimp does. . . but Gimp can bump map, and it has lighting effects. . .

I made this in gimp this morning, I'm new to the program too, and I was experimenting with it. I absolutely had to save it though. I made it 320x240 res. . . but it's actually 1024x768 and is my new wallpaper.

(Cool Image was here)QB]

I believe that one could accomplish absolutely incredible things with Gimp just as well as with Photoshop. My problem is being so used to PhotoShop... I'll have to look for some Gimp filters & scripts.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 03:32 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that in addition to being able to download scripts, you can actually make your own quite easily.

Oh, and I've got The Gimp (that's the full proggie name, parsie, 'The Gimp') for windows, so it's not just for Linux anymore.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 03:38 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, one more thing, thanks for thinking that pic is cool, Lindi. I rarely share stuff like that and I'm glad you liked it.
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 04-28-2001 07:12 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You go biatch!

Did you check out my "Sad Day" post?

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-30-2001 07:09 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
Oh, one more thing, thanks for thinking that pic is cool, Lindi. I rarely share stuff like that and I'm glad you liked it.

I'm kinda shy that way myself too, I believe I have discarded quite a few pictures that weren't too bad... I always tend to be very critical of the stuff I manage to put together (I think everybody is that way).

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 04-30-2001 04:22 PM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Might have to get "The Gimp" being a windoze user.

I use psp more than photoshop... same effects with a lot less effort. Personal taste i guess! Gimp sounds cool though, i like the sound of being able to bump map. Can i get a trial from cnet? I'm gonna go see now!

Kayne

--------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-30-2001 09:18 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kayne, because Gimp was originally a linux only app, it's freeware, even for windows.

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-03-2001 02:53 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really love the fact that most of the programs are free and everything is downloadable when every you like.

Giving serious thought of ditching Windows XP. I don't want them to be in control or even know what hardware I have.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 05-03-2001 05:15 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd dump windows XP because it's uglier than an Orangutang cross bred with a Baboon.
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 05-03-2001 08:03 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Orang utans are cute as hell

And yeah, I like PSP more than Photoshop. It's easier, it's cheaper, and it's got all the schtuff Photoshop has. Besides, I'm simply used to it.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I find I can sometimes actually tell the difference between art and skins made in PS or PSP. Usually this is with more amateur skins and stuff, though.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com