my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Serious Sam

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Serious Sam
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 04-08-2001 12:22 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How freakin' cool is Serious Sam?!?!?
I just found the demotest (or compatability test or whatever they're calling it) on a CD which I must have overlooked a few months ago.

I was messing around with it today seeing what's what and I gotta say, that is one awesome looking game.

Deus Ex and Half-Life both gave their kicks with great storylines, immersion, and a lot of suspense, but Serious Sam is a step back to the old Doom days for me. At one stage I was in one of the enourmous courtyards and I had about three different kinds of headless zombie people, flying creatures, huge 'heads' running after me, sapers, jumping insect things, enourmous bulls, and chain-gun weilding scorpions all after me at once. And the framerate that I'm getting with only a 12mb video card is very impressive. They'd better correct some of the grammar, though, since I think they're Croatian, the guys making it. "Better find another enter."

45 mins until I'm off to this LAN party. My desktop is full of game shortcuts- Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, Action Quake2, Q3A Instagib, Need For Speed 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, Half-Life, Counterstrike, Serious Sam Test, Soldier of Fortune, Kingpin, Team Fortress Classic, Starseige Tribes, Age of Empires 1 & 2, Jedi Knight, Doom 1 & 2, and Alice.

Kickass.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 04-08-2001 02:10 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Serious Sam is "ok"...but I want Payne...Max Payne that is. Damn that game is gonna freaking rock!! Been waiting forever for it.
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
watchdog
Sarge
Member # 88

Rate Member

posted 04-08-2001 09:29 PM     Profile for watchdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Serious Sam test seriously does rock, and at $20 bucks it's a steal. I haven't had this much fun in a sp game since the original quake. Has anyone tried playing co-op over the net yet, I'm curious as to how well it stands up.

--------------------

Posts: 92 | From: Hicksville, TN USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-09-2001 07:42 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snag:
Serious Sam is "ok"...but I want Payne...Max Payne that is. Damn that game is gonna freaking rock!! Been waiting forever for it.

Hmmm..., the first previews I saw of Max Payne was back when I was using my old P166, so you could say that it has been in developement for "a while". I think it's mostly vapour ware.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 04-09-2001 06:06 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GUESS AGAIN MY FRIEND!!

My latest PCGamer has a preview of it. They went to the icy wastelast on Finland and played it and are reporting on it

The game looks sweet, it is real, and is due out this summer they say. Also, if you think it is "vapourware" try out 3DMark2001. It uses the Max Payne engine

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mutley
Sarge
Member # 212

Rate Member

posted 04-09-2001 07:29 PM     Profile for Mutley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Serious Sam played it a while ago,
Nice graphics, cool guns!! Net play
was pretty crummy. Then again it was only a
test.
Blood, Blood, Blood Everywhere!

Posts: 232 | From: Neverneverland | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com