Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » HOW THE HECK!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOW THE HECK!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
AnArKi
Sarge
Member # 2298

Member Rated:

posted 02-23-2001 02:37 PM     Profile for AnArKi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright, we all know that the sun is on fire right? Well, we all know that you need oxygen to have fire (along with fuel and a spark). Well, HOW THE HECK CAN THE SUN (OR ANY OTHER STAR FOR THAT MATTER) BE ON FIRE IF THERE IS NO OXYGEN IN SPACE??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This is driving me nuts; If you know the answer, PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY, TEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx

------------------
That's IT; I'm gunna open a whole CASE of WHOOPASS on you! That's right, 24 CANS! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posts: 85 | From: Outer space | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-23-2001 03:13 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simple, it's called Nuclear Fusion. Fusion does not actually require oxygen for it to take place. The light and flames that we see are actually massive amounts of heat exciting free roaming gases such as hydrogen, helium, and I'm sure that there is some oxygen floating around too.

BTW, You really should do your own homework j/k dude.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
AnArKi
Sarge
Member # 2298

Member Rated:

posted 02-23-2001 03:38 PM     Profile for AnArKi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANKS, you have saved my sanity!

------------------
That's IT; I'm gunna open a whole CASE of WHOOPASS on you! That's right, 24 CANS! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posts: 85 | From: Outer space | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 02-23-2001 05:04 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No prob dude, I would just like to clarify one thing though. The heated gases are merely acting like a flourescent lightbulb, that's what gives a star the bluish white colour that we see in the night sky. You've also got heavier metals like iron, platinum, uranium and plutonium in the mix, these metals are so hot that they become ionized (made gaseous)and glow red hot. That's what gives the our star (the sun) it's colour at close distance.

[This message has been edited by AcidWarp (edited 02-23-2001).]

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com