Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » (66.30.86.21:27960)=Cy's Fight Club= (Q3A 1.27g)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (66.30.86.21:27960)=Cy's Fight Club= (Q3A 1.27g)
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-15-2001 06:36 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stop by sometime. If I aint around there is a bot who will keep you company until others join. My server is fast with plenty of bandwidth and RAM.

It's just standard Q3A 1.27g fun with a couple of maps.

I will be doing the same for Quake2 if it doesn't slow anything down.

What's the first rule of =Cy's Fight Club=?

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-15-2001 08:51 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone play Quake anymore or has this turned into another AOL chat room?

Cy hangs his head and goes off to fight a few bots...

DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2001 09:12 PM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I stopped in but pinged 298. One bot was there and he went away when I connected. I have 2 hops to get out of Calgary, then one hop from Toronto all the way across North America to Sacremento, 3 hops there before it gets to San Francisco, one more hop there, then back across the country to Chicago, bounces out of Chicago to Massachutes, then after 3 hops in MA it shoots to New Jersey, then 4 hops in Herndon, Virginia to get to you. dAm, no wonder I'm tired.

[This message has been edited by DeskJet (edited 01-15-2001).]

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
xanthan
Sarge
Member # 35

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2001 11:09 PM     Profile for xanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont play Q3 hardly at all.

Now Q2 I will play

Posts: 1051 | From: US | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2001 03:54 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man I'd like to join you, but I'M STILL FRICKING WAITING FOR THE SDSL.

I'm about to give upp.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2001 04:24 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As you know I'm also without a connection from home at the moment, Cy, else I would've loved to join you for a game...
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Broch
Sarge
Member # 370

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2001 01:45 PM     Profile for Broch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Put Q2 up and I frag your ass!!

I got tired of download Q3 bug fixes..

Posts: 550 | From: Philly | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-16-2001 05:18 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck, when you submit a reply and put in the wrong password then back up it deletes your work.

What I said was:

Deskjet~ We live to many hops apart and sound like you got a 56k modem from hell.

Xanthan & Broch~ I will throw up a Quake2 server. I just need to learn a few commands.

Rivendell~ Cheer up dOOd it aint the end of the world YET! (Cy's fears asteroids) ;-(

Lindi~ I thought all Finns have cable or DSL?!? =P

DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 01-16-2001 07:45 PM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have @home cable from hell. I can play on Rectum? I Killed'um TDM server in New York though with a sub 200 ping usually.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2001 01:46 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DJ, there must something wrong with a node close by where you are. I'm in BC, I have cable as well. Not @home. Thankfully I have a direct cable connection. But I just pinged about 150-160 using Ping Plotter.

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2001 02:01 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check that, I averaged about 230 steady while on the server. . . it was high, but really stable, not much lag at all. Granted I was the only one on, but still that's pretty good, it would be an awesome place for all you people on the eastern seabord.

------------------

DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2001 03:16 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AW, it barely gets over 100 until it hits Chicago as you can see by this snap. It's a little better tonight though.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2001 07:45 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Appears that everybody else, but me, has cable or xDSL here.

The problem is my Landlord, I asked him if I can have the cable installed. The Landlord said that he will order the cable instalataion. That was in November last year. He hasn't even managed to contact the service provider yet.

That and I know that the service provider has a problems delivering all the hardware to the consumers.

This shit is costing me money, each day. + I'm hardly online at all now a days.

------------------
Spell checks? SPELL CHECKS? we don't need no stinking Spell Checks.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2001 01:35 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lindi, lean on your landlord. The reason he hasn't done anything is because he knows that you're not going to bug him about it. Keep asking him if he's done anything yet, keep reminding him . . . blah blah blah. Basically drive him nuts. It's like looking for a job, you have to keep checking back with the employer so that they don't "forget" about you.
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-17-2001 07:54 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sucks Lindi. You of all people deserve a good connection. It's wierd, I get 45 ping or higher from Ellen's computer on the same LAN. I know it isn't high but shouldn't it be like 10 ping? It also phone jacks every once and awhile.

Anyhow, I have heard from most that the ping is very stable. This is a very good thing indeed.

Stop in tonight!

Esquilax
Sarge
Member # 2075

Member Rated:

posted 01-17-2001 08:35 PM     Profile for Esquilax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it was pretty stable for me too, although my ping was a tad high
Posts: 38 | From: The Land of the Ice and Snow. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2001 03:19 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
Lindi, lean on your landlord. The reason he hasn't done anything is because he knows that you're not going to bug him about it. Keep asking him if he's done anything yet, keep reminding him . . . blah blah blah. Basically drive him nuts. It's like looking for a job, you have to keep checking back with the employer so that they don't "forget" about you.

That's what I've done, I sent the bastart one mail per day, for a period of three weeks. So the SoB called me (Whoo-freaking-hoo), explaining that he had had problems reaching the customer support..., and that's it nothing else happened.

I wrote an e-mail to the customer support yesterday, asking them to contact my Landlord instead, hope that works.

The most sucky thing about this is, that while the landlord gets absolutely nothing done, my rent has increased. My current phone bills + ISDN extras are also more expensive than the SDSL would be. Did I mention my rent went up this year...

All in all I'm paying much more for very much less/nothing.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lindi (edited 01-18-2001).]

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2001 03:20 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot to add a lot of , but you can imagine them in the positions of your choise in the above post.

------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2001 04:06 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry dude, that must really suck ass. That was probably a good move telling customer support to get in touch with your landlord. My roommate wanted cable internet really badly (before I moved in) so he talked to the company and told them to call the landlord. In no time at all he had cable. So maybe having them call your oppressor will get the job done.

------------------

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-18-2001 06:15 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I acctually recieved a call from customer support an hour ago. Very nice, fast & reliable. Also goes to show how hard it is to get in contact with them, IF you give it half an effort. (It's taken the Landlord 3½ months!!!!!!!!!! )

So now that I finaly get in touch with them, I get informed that Jippiigroup, the provider, has run into problems with delivering their services due to a very high demand..., during the time my worthless Landlord has failed to contact them. (See I didn't forget the 's this time).

I mean should I really pay the whole rent, that even increased recently? Or should I tell the bastard that he must compensate me for the extra money I need to pay, i.e. reduce my rent with the ammount of my phone bill that exceeds the cost of the would be cable? Is that unreasonable?

This shit sucks big time.

------------------

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 01-18-2001 07:31 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grrr!
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-19-2001 03:40 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyborg6:
Grrr!

Pretty much summons up how I feel about all this right now.

But I guess life goes on, can't keep bitching about it for ever. I'll get my SDSL/ADSL/CABLE someday.., maybe not someday soon, but someday.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com