next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » The Year in Review

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Year in Review
Gladiator
Sarge
Member # 2271

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2001 02:01 AM     Profile for Gladiator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to point out the total lack of any good music to come out of the year 2000. Does anybody else agree with me when I say there are too many manufactured bands that can't write their own music, play their own instruments, or barely keep a tune? It makes me sick to see self-proclaimed virgin Slutty-Spears having simulated sex with a chair while wearing tight black spandex in one of her newest videos. What the hell is this crap? Where are all the real bands?! Most of the crap that I'm hearing on the radio sounds the same, right down to the boy bands(who we all know give it to each other nightly). Eminem is full'o shit. Millionaire, and can't stop complaining in his music. What the hell is wrong with him? even his own mother is suing him. Is there any original music any more? What the hell is with the Abba ripp-off A Teens? And as for movies, only one good movie came out last year "Gladiator" (no this is not where I got my name from, I happened to be using it before, whethter you believe me or not...). Hollywood pisses me off. Too much American propaganda. (RANTINGS COMING TO A CLOSE AS I CALM DOWN) People become lemmings in large groups, kinda like the general public...

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 01-08-2001).]

Posts: 99 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
falsefriend
Sarge
Member # 58

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2001 02:42 AM     Profile for falsefriend   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gave up on Modern Music. I listen to my local 80's station now.
Posts: 892 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2001 07:28 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Theres your problem right there. You will never find good 'new music' on a radio or MTV.

You have to seek it out or find it word of mouth. I can name many good albums that came out in 2000, including The Deftone's 'White Pony' and Radiohead's 'Kid A'.

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2001 08:51 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn STRAIGHT!!!

Paul Oakenfold - Travelling
The SuperJesus - Jet Age
Front Line Assembly - Rewind

Movies : (shit, i hope these were ACTUALLY in 2k, and not 1999 )

Gone In Sixty Seconds
Gladiator
South Park
The Matrix

Parsout

[This message has been edited by Parsout (edited 01-08-2001).]

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gladiator
Sarge
Member # 2271

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2001 10:32 AM     Profile for Gladiator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was a DJ at my College Radio station, which meant I got to see and meet quite a few amateur and local bands, sorry to say, but I didn't like their music either. Seemed too forced, badly written, or trying to be too poetic. I hate that crap. Oh yeah, and Fred Durst has a small penis...
Posts: 99 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2001 11:10 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So tell us about your sexual experience(s) with Fred Durst. :P Or did you just happen to see his penis accidentally?

BTW music is a personal preferance, so whatever you like in music I may hate and vice versa.

Gladiator
Sarge
Member # 2271

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2001 03:20 PM     Profile for Gladiator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I figured his venting of anger towards society (which can be heard in his music, why would a millionaire with millions of adoring fans be so angry?)was actually caused by his sexual inability to perform (in this case; small penis). In one of his latest videos he can be seen surrounded by beautiful women, however he is still holding his own crotch. I can only deduce that he suffers from some sort of genital deformity...

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 01-08-2001).]

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2001 05:35 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well here is two great cds I got from the year 2000:

The Tea Party - Tangents
Simply an amazing cd. Not only do they play thier own instruments, they play over 20 different exotic instruments from all around the world. Even Jeff Martin teases his friend Jimmy Page about using the Egyptian Players when Page wants to have eastern instruments in the live show. Jeff Burrow's performance is great and reason why he was offered to play with Pearl Jam but rejected it. And Sturt Chatwood playing the bass and keyboards at the same time is always cool. I think only Canadian do that. Didn't the Who's bassist do that too?

54-40 Casual Viewin
From radio singles, which I like people might think they are only a pop band, but it isn't true. These guys have started this moby thing since 1993 and before then too. Anyways, they aren't only a pop band, and this cd rocks.

So two good cds. I don't really like U2's cd that much, but it is ok.

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-08-2001 05:40 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't sweat it Glady, I was just giving you a hard ti,e in order to be funny.
Gladiator
Sarge
Member # 2271

Rate Member

posted 01-08-2001 08:02 PM     Profile for Gladiator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-09-2001 12:09 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with ya JoJo...Tea Party rocks!!

Canadian music kicks ass...and I can say that cause we disown Celine Dion MWAHAHA

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
PrincessGummy
Sarge
Member # 1951

Member Rated:

posted 01-09-2001 06:51 PM     Profile for PrincessGummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who??

anyway, i have a pic of fred durst in his boxers on my wall i have to say that i enjoy this poster VERY much. it was a christmas present HEHEHE

something to remember glad:

just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean that OTHERS don't...unless you are in a world that revolves around yourself.
not being mean, just saying to be more open minded i don't think it's right to sit there and put down someone when they are making millions and trying to be made into something that they are NOT. the pressures of society cause people to become things they aren't. just because someone dresses in some way or talks one way, does NOT mean they are a bad person on ANY grounds.
And if they can dance, and look good doing it, more power to them. I was dancing kinda dirty at homecoming two years ago, and i've had my share of short skirts. that does NOT make me a slut. It's about the person who is on the inside NOT the outside. If I were making millions of dollars to dress sexy and sing, i would consider it. it's that persons choice what they want in there life. i am only being defensive because i have done SOOOOOOOOOOO much research on britney spears, and have worked really hard with it. I plan to build a website showing how she is a positive role model for women all around the world. When i hear, BRitney, i see "Camp Britney" and prayers, and angels, and criticism, and heartache and a good moral family, and a girl being pressured to be a little more of something she might not like, but is because of the pressures of a growing society...ok, i've had my share of words

i didn't mean this as a slam in ANY way. i am just stating that sometimes, things don't appear to be what they are. which also goes along with the stereotype that cheerleaders are sluts. i'll have you know, that just because i am a cheerleader does NOT mean i'm a slut. if anyone knows anything about me, they would know i'm just the opposite. i have extremely high morals, and all you have to do, is give my heart a chance. just like all these other people everyone stereotypes. just because someone might be something, or look one way, or do something, does not mean they're a bad person. it just means that they are trying to survive just like the rest of us.
ok...i'm done with my spiel

Posts: 507 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-09-2001 07:25 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! DOWN WITH THE HIERARCHY OF CELEBRITY AND THE P.R. STAFF THAT MADE THEM WHAT THEY ARE
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 01-09-2001 07:49 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dweezil Zappa - Automatic came out in 2000, what are you talking about no good music? Bah!
Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2001 05:31 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like it when he says mean shit
its funny

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Anthrax
Sarge
Member # 1342

Rate Member

posted 01-10-2001 03:25 PM     Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Linkin Park, its the shit. Need I say More?
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 01-10-2001 04:27 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I was gonna comment on all the annoying music we've had this year. For example... I don't know if anywhere else but England is cursed with Craig David, but yeah he's awful and he has 3 singles out that they love playing. *shudders* Also Eminem. Ok Stan wasn't that bad, but the rest of his stuff... eww! Ummmm I know I had a few other artists and songs to slag down but I forgot them. But yeah, this year has been an annoying year for music on the radio.
Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 01-10-2001 06:37 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't like Craig David. Is it just me or does his voice keep cutting in and out and fading away and coming back in really quickly? It's driving me insane. And he's singing to the hairdresser.

I heard Britney Spears' latest song, Stronger the other day. Now that's a sorry excuse for music. 1/3 of the song uses parts of her previous single (I can't remember what it was- shows how memorable she is)- it's all the same style and pretty much the same song as the one where she's in that red bodysuit.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
PrincessGummy
Sarge
Member # 1951

Member Rated:

posted 01-11-2001 07:07 PM     Profile for PrincessGummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the lines of the song "stronger" are "My loniness ain't killing me no more"
as opposed to "My lonliness is killing me" from Baby One More Time. The reason is that this album is more mature than her first one, so this is a "comeback". There really are some beautiful songs on the new ablum. i've had it since the first day it came out.
stronger is like the oops video probably because it was the same choreographer.
i don't really care for either videos though.

[This message has been edited by PrincessGummy (edited 01-11-2001).]

Posts: 507 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com