Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » To me from myself!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To me from myself!
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2000 03:56 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Christmas!
I just bought myself my probably best christmas present this year...

Check this out!

quote:
Featuring the latest in Dolby Digital and DTS decoding technology, the AVR-2801 provides outstanding home theater surround sound performance. At the heart of the AVR-2801 is Denon's Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit - Digital technology, incorporating high-performance DSP chip and advanced A/D and D/A converters. This configuration provides superior listening results with virtually any home theater or music source.
The AVR-2801 also features 6-Channel external input, for connection to DVD-Audio and SACD formats. A high quality, discrete power output section provides a total system power of 450 watts RMS into 8 ohms. Full 24-bit, 96-kHz D/A converters on all 6 channels provide transparent reproduction of multi-channel music and motion picture soundtracks with outstanding dynamic range and superb low level resolution. Outstanding surround sound with Dolby Digital and DTS decoding is finally possible at an affordable price.
The AVR-2801's remote controller features an easy-to-use layout where most frequently used buttons are provided in different colors and shapes for easy recognition while your eyes are focused on the screen. The buttons also employ Self-illuminated GLO-KEY technology for easy operation in the dark.

And this:
Dali 6006 Frontspeakers

Dali R1000 surround speakers

Dali C1000 central speaker

Technical spesifications: http://www.dali.dk/Daliresource/blue_se_spec.html

Can you say Excellent sound?

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2000 04:13 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, excellent. My stereo is vintage

Did that setup take you back much?

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2000 06:08 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trust me...you don't really want to know... (yeah)
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2000 02:58 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wooahhh Deja Vu!

------------------
...TheKiller

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2000 04:01 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's what you get when you read more than one board TK...
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2000 06:27 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, apparently the sound is good enough to be worth it. I've got a Salora5500 (Finnish brand), complete with LP player and FM radio! I think we bought it in 86 or something.

Still it plays pretty good, so I don't see any need to change it.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2000 01:26 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
~SPOOGE!!!!!!~
Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
DOC HOLIDAY
Sarge
Member # 1146

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 10:16 AM     Profile for DOC HOLIDAY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You just bought that to get all your Dream Theater albums to send the best that they could! Lucky Dog!

Although Dream Theater sound great anyway, that is one honkin unit!

Merry X-mas to you Riv and everyone

Peace....

------------------
"I'm your huckleberry."

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-19-2000 04:30 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back at ya Doc!

And how did you know I have every Dream Theater album...? (No really...I do!)

DOC HOLIDAY
Sarge
Member # 1146

Rate Member

posted 12-19-2000 10:46 PM     Profile for DOC HOLIDAY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In one of the many discussions around here about music in general, I had asked if anyone here listens to Dream Theater and you were more than quick to reply that you had all of the albums.

So do they sound great on that unit or what?

Take care, Peace....

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 12-20-2000 05:24 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually I haven't finished setting up the surround speakers yet...I'm setting them up over Christmas...
But the sound I've already got from the front-speakers are enough to make my neighbours go aargh - not again!, yes..

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com