Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Something went seriously wrong with my glide config in Q2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something went seriously wrong with my glide config in Q2
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 12-12-2000 12:36 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am now actually getting LOWER numbers in Q2 Crusher.dm2 when I change to 3dfx opengl than when I'm in default opengl! Not only that, they are staggeringly lower!

What the hell went wrong?!

Default opengl 1024x768: 57 fps
3dfx opengl 1024x768: 33 fps

Default opengl 640x480: 117 fps
3dfx opengl 640x480: 42 fps

I've been using the same autoexec practically forever, and I've never gotten such low numbers with glide. To mention nothing of the fact that in 640x480, it's only 9 fps faster than 1024x768.

HELLLLLLP!

Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-12-2000 05:28 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... new drivers, DirectX or something? I mean if you haven't changed any hardware or anything in the config.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 12-12-2000 11:50 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try checking in the Glide OpenGL controls in the Windows display properties. See if maybe "vsync waiting" (or something like it) is turned on. That'll drop your fps like an SOB if it's on.

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 12-12-2000 12:58 PM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lindi: Same old drivers, same old DirectX.

I've only reinstalled windows twice between the 2nd to last time I checked this and now

Acid: That was the FIRST thing I checked. The framerate drops were exactly that of what would happen with v-sync on.

Nonetheless, V-sync was disabled.

HAL9000
Sarge
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted 12-13-2000 04:15 AM     Profile for HAL9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glide? Isn't that the outdated API from that behind-the-times company 3dfx?

------------------
Hal "Don't steal my meat" 9000

Posts: 582 | From: Norcross,GA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 12-13-2000 09:14 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. Yes, it is.

And it's being slower than default OpenGL, which is something that never happened on my system before.

But hey, I'll trade this card for a better one any time. Got any TNT1 or 2s laying around? Maybe a Geforce?

ATI Rage Fury Pro/Maxx?

Matrox G400 Max?

Heh. I got plenty of stuff, I might even trade a TV card and a Diamond MX200 sound card (Aureal Vortex AU8830A2)

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com