next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » q3

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: q3
Kane
Sarge
Member # 2233

Member Rated:

posted 11-14-2000 06:02 AM     Profile for Kane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
q3 is the best pc game that i believe has ever come oout:K

------------------

Posts: 47 | From: coulterville,ca,usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 11-15-2000 04:00 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm. Well in it's genre yes, but as I'm on dial-up I must say that I value a good single player experience too.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-15-2000 12:02 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For single player, I would have to say SIN or perhaps even Duke Nukem 3D. I love games that are sort of story oriented. Especially when they main character says stuff like "I'm gonna make you my bitch" or better yet "I'm gonna rip off your head and shit down your neck".

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 11-16-2000 12:17 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back when I used to play it, I thought Duke3D was just a cool game. Now that I think back, though, there was a whole story behind it (although it was very loose). Duke3D was a good game, eh?

I thought SiN was crap, by the way.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2000 01:37 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The game play for SiN wasn't that great sure. . . but I had a hard time telling myself that it was the Q2 engine. . . You have to admit that the graphics were pretty damn good, for it's time. Admittedly I just liked the fact that the boobs on the chics bounced. It still had a story though . . .

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. . . and I'm all out a gum"

or my favorite

"This is Duke Nukem, and after a little R&R I'll be ready for more action. . . [female voice]AWWWW! Come back to bed Duke![/female voice] ~Grunting and screaming ensues"

I love that ending, best in the gaming world IMO.

That reminds me has anyone played Battlezone 2: Combat Commander. . . the graphics kick major amounts of ass. . . It's funny cause I picked it up for like $20cdn. Yet it can't be that old cause it uses DX7.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2000 03:14 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So have you guys tried Deus Ex, I've heard it's good game. Haven't had the possibility to try it myself.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 11-16-2000 07:21 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Deus Ex is pretty good. I've only played the demo, and it's good. The problem is though that it's so different from Q3:A. You can't just sit down and play for twenty minutes and get up and feel refreshed or whatever. You have to play it in the dark and really work at it for ages.
But it's fun

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2000 08:11 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite SP games: Quake2, Duke Nukem 3D, Redneck Rampage & Half Life.
Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 11-16-2000 09:42 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definately Half-life! The best sp-experience I've ever had!
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kane
Sarge
Member # 2233

Member Rated:

posted 11-17-2000 03:53 PM     Profile for Kane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thank you all for your responses:K

------------------

Posts: 47 | From: coulterville,ca,usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
D2
Sarge
Member # 91

Rate Member

posted 11-17-2000 08:02 PM     Profile for D2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

What a Dork!!!

------------------

Is still here
Drakside

Posts: 1471 | From: Central Valley in California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2000 02:22 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rivendell:
Definately Half-life! The best sp-experience I've ever had!

Half-life sure rocked. Did any of you guys try Alien vs. Predator? That game had real immersion, I remeber at least three occasions when I literally fell from my chair when the aliens jumped from the ceiling. The multiplayer wasn't too good, but the sp was incredible.

------------------

Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2000 08:43 PM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHA!! i know EXACTLY what u mean lindi.

BOO!!

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!! BANG BANG BANG!!!!

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

when i 1st played it, lights off, sound incredibly high, 2 am, in the first lev (as a human vs aliens) when u go up tha big lift, and they came down the walls of the corridor - freaky shit

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com