next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Skin Builders

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skin Builders
Mithrandir
Sarge
Member # 1171

Rate Member

posted 08-31-2000 05:59 PM     Profile for Mithrandir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone know what u need to build skins for Q3 adn UT? Where u can get em from etc...
I ahve never done it before....(build skins that is)

Posts: 102 | From: England | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 09-01-2000 07:38 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skin building... as in creating skins and stuff? It's pretty easy to get started. .PK3's open with WinZip, so you can grab id's base textures from the pak0.pk3.
Or you can go to Polycountand see some other ppl's skins.
Use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to actually made the textures, and then save them to a pk3.
If you check out polycount's hosted site there are dozens of skinning sites to help you out. And just to show you what you can do when you can skin, here's a bit of pimpage for my own skin, Murray:

Here and here are 2 pics.

Heh. Uh yeah and use the a modelviewer to check how your skins wrap around the model MD3View is a good one, i think) and The Bluescreen is invaluable when you want a good look at your skin in-game.

[This message has been edited by Redlemons (edited 09-01-2000).]

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mithrandir
Sarge
Member # 1171

Rate Member

posted 09-03-2000 03:33 AM     Profile for Mithrandir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Red
Ill try it all see how it goes...
dont worry any probs i know who to go to..

Posts: 102 | From: England | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com