next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » X-Men, the movie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: X-Men, the movie
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 06:35 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey did you guys see it? I loved it... brings back a lot of memories of the cartoons that I'd watch early Saturday mornings. There are some pretty wild effects too.

------------------
...TheKiller

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 08:22 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That movie is a mustC for me, I've only seen a trailer, cant wait for the movie. Unfortunately it usually takes forever for movies to get to Finland.

------------------
Die dulci fruere.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
DOC HOLIDAY
Sarge
Member # 1146

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 08:25 AM     Profile for DOC HOLIDAY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah the movie kicked much booty!!

The cartoons are one thing but I grew up on the comics, they are the REAL X-men

Peace out, later!

------------------
"I'm your huckleberry."

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 11:41 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was a good movie. I don't think it was great. It definetely shouldn't be called X-Men. More like "The Wolverine Movie."

------------------

Ghost Face Killer

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 04:36 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This friday is Scary Movie...

but back to X-Men...

GFK, if you directed the movie what would you of done differently? Wolverine was a go getter type of guy, so I think they just followed the action.

------------------
...TheKiller

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 05:31 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have had all the original members in. They missed Iceman, Beast, Collosus, Nightcrawler....
Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
DOC HOLIDAY
Sarge
Member # 1146

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 07:03 PM     Profile for DOC HOLIDAY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, scoob, it would have been cool to see those guys in this movie but they had to leave some charachters to introduce in the next one

Will be interesting to see......

Lates!

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 07:41 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i thought they did have iceman? or was that silver surfer? the one that was flirting with rogue.

so when does rogue kill wonderwoman to get her strength?
whoa, if collosus comes in,
that means he gets to go up against omega right??

heh, i'd like to see some sentinals
i liked gambit too

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 09:11 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, wonderwoman is DC. Originally, Rogue was with Mystique, and when Ms Marvel (I belive) went against something Mystique wanted, Rogue tried to stop her, and ended up killing her by accident.

Yeah, Iceman was kinda in the movie, but he was nothing like the comic books.

I hope that Gambit is in the next one.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2000 12:09 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you guys paid attention at ALL, you would have noticed that Iceman and Nightcrawler were in the movie. Iceman was the kid who made the ice sculpture for Rogue, and Nightcrawler was the kid playing basketball who kept disappearing and reappearing. The one that I missed the most was The Beast. He was cool.

GFK, the reason that Wolverine was almost the focus of the movie was that he originally had his own Comic book series until he was brought into the X-Men. I can't remember exactly but I think he was in every issue of the X-Men after his character was crossed over. He probably won't be as prominent in the inevitable sequel.

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-28-2000 02:41 AM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'd like to see a movie where they totally focus on Wolverine, this way they wont have to compromise with so many characters.

AcidWarp, i know theres a Wolverine comic but was it before the original X-men? i remember seening a real old x-men book & wolverine was with them. (the drawings were really funky, old-ish style)

Posts: 528 | From: Seattle, eh?, Uzbekistan | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mithrandir
Sarge
Member # 1171

Rate Member

posted 07-28-2000 04:45 AM     Profile for Mithrandir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am looking forward to seeing it but I am already abit miffed that Hank and such like have been misses out....I reackon the old umm phrase "if it aint broken don't fix it" works here why change it?..its been working for like 30 years or summat... anyway it will never live up to the comic..(uncanny)...long live mutants!
Posts: 102 | From: England | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2000 05:17 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I really would of like to see beast, the guy who can crawl on the ceiling, write with both hands simultaneiously...and he's brilliant. He'll probably work with the professor on something 'big'.

I can't wait for the next X-Men.

------------------
...TheKiller

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2000 12:10 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the record, the producers and director wanted to make a movie that would appeal to all kinds of people. You don't need to read the comics to see and like this movie.
Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
MoLs0n
Sarge
Member # 1002

Rate Member

posted 07-28-2000 07:27 PM     Profile for MoLs0n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was also disapointed that jubilee wasnt in it =(
or nightcrawler =(
ne ways move fucking 0wned

Posts: 369 | From: langley,BC,Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2000 10:43 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm goin to see it tomorrow with the bf....lol...what a date....x-men!

(actually it was my idea to go see it, I loved the cartoon)

------------------

Posts: 746 | From: Hell | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com