Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Download RA3 Now!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Download RA3 Now!!!
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 07-24-2000 02:09 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DO IT!!!

Then go frag someone @ www.qmass.net

Cheers,

------------------

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2000 02:17 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i couldnt have said it better myself
Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2000 08:19 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ra3 0wnz me..

damnit.. the maps are soo unbelievably beautiful.. *wipes tear from eye*

Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2000 08:03 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How big is the Download anyways? I just got my phonebill, and I need to cut my online time... it's getting out of hand.

------------------
Die dulci fruere.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-26-2000 04:06 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm like 60 megs or so
lil less
maybe fittysix
u pay long distance for yer internet er something?

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 07-26-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL...get it Lindi...NOW!!!

Cheers!

------------------

Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 07-26-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IMO it sucks

yeah I have MP3's in Quake...big deal

Posts: 783 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
HAL9000
Sarge
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted 07-26-2000 04:14 PM     Profile for HAL9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Keen, now that you have said the oh-so-generic "it sucks" how about elaborating and actually providing some intelligent feedback as to what about RA3 "sucks."

What don't you like about it, specifically? The maps? The gameplay itself? etc etc

------------------
Hal "Don't steal my meat" 9000

Posts: 582 | From: Norcross,GA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 04:23 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy:
hmm like 60 megs or so
lil less
maybe fittysix
u pay long distance for yer internet er something?

Nope no long distance calls, but huge amounts of online time + I need to rent the terminalbox for my ISDN. The last phonebill was approxemately 100USD ... man... well if I stop eating and start wearing rags...

------------------
Die dulci fruere.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 09:53 AM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell no the maps kick ass especially citadel. But you join a server in spectator MODE that pssies me off then you spend most of your time spectating.

There is a major design flaw there in that 2 guys can take over a server that would be good for 8-12 people and turn it into a greedy 1v1 Tourney server where some dominant player OWNZ the server and you get but one chance to be fragged by him before you're even prepared to fight and then you gotta spectate again. how about a FFA MODE.

I take it you have some kind of stake in the MOD I noticed your map in there and I proudly smiled and said hey I know that d00d.

Don't get me wrong The MOD is very well done in it's menus and MP3 player and MAPS and stuff but the game play needs a little more choices maybe a FFA DM mode. And the team should seriosly look in to the fact that an Admin may not run the MOD because he gets tired of 2 players taking over the server and turning it into their own. Where other players can't get more than 10 seconds play time.

Hope that answers your question. Don't let the fact that they used one of your maps spoil your judgment. judge the MOD on it's game play...cya Amigo

------------------
Commander Keen

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 10:29 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Keen, the gameplay is the whole point in RA3. If you want that style in FFA, set up a beryllium server where you spawn with all weapons, etc. That'll give you what you want. Give 'red rover' a try, fast, furious, fun!! I love it!
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 08-08-2000 02:29 PM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
20 20 I honestly tried red rover after you told me about it. No one on 5 of the servers I visited would join an arena running Red Rover and no one in the full arenas would vote on red rover. Seems like me most people don't understand what red rover is.

HAL - I'm very sorry if I had offended you for my ignorance. Usually when there is this much hype about a MOD it's usually FFA or CTF and I enjoy those. But Tourney play well lets face it I suck at it and I didn't understand. You guys of TEAM RA3 should look at the orio MOD hosted on Quake3Mods.net. It allows up to 7 arenas tha't 14 guys playing 1v1 and less than 2 spectators at any given time. I know Coriolis from the Quake3World forums and he may be interested in joing your team and incorporating that code in RA3.

It would be a better MOD in my opinion is there were less spectators and more players. That is What I join a server for. talk to your RA3 budz Coriolis is a really kickass coder and a good guy.

------------------
Commander Keen

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 08-08-2000 03:54 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is this guy? Hehe. Been a while since I posted. Anyways, the maps are designed well. I don't like it how it's got the Red and Blue shit on your screen and the challenger is blue or red. The maps are awesome. My mp3 player won't work damnt. And I don't like it cuz I pj all to hell in q3a. Other than that, the gameplay is good. I want new sounds for the weapons tho -_-
Nice Job on your map Hal9000.

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 08-08-2000 09:09 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Keen~ It's not designed to be a FFA mod. It's designed for a true test of skill, 1v1, all weapons, health, armour equaled out.

Besides, if you don't like 1v1 then there are other modes of play, Red Rover, Clan Arena, even multiple player 1v1 teams. But why would they put FFA in when you can just play normal Q3A? That's what Q3A was designed to do, it does it well, so why re-invent the wheel?

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-09-2000 01:03 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scoob~ Keen was just being contrary because he hates my guts. If you noticed how out of context his response was you would come to only one conclusion. He is also friends with that wife stealing moron.

Damn I'm good!

------------------

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2000 01:26 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*surgically removes cy's guts*
*puts new ones in*

There ya go. Now there's nothing to hate.
And you're good as new.....ish ;D

------------------

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2000 08:46 AM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice try Cy I barely know the individual you are making acusations about and I have told you before I do not hate you. I liked you a lot before you wigged out.

cya

------------------
Commander Keen

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-09-2000 09:47 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Keen~ You have to remember that I don't forget anything. I have it all right here in my cache. I read everything you posted during the times when others attacked me. Your venom was caustic. It's like kicking a man when he's down. Very cowardly indeed.

But i'm used to it, don't waste your time with me.

------------------

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-09-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cy, don't try to be some kind of martyr, it doesn't suit you. And quite frankly it's making me want to puke.

Sorry if I seem blunt, I just call it like I see it.

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-09-2000 01:37 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guess what Acid?

I have been tired of you for a long time now.

(just thought you might like to know)

Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2000 03:52 PM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice try again Cy but you and I both know the truth in fact go to the patio and search for some of those slam Cy threads you will see yourself. The only thing bad I may have ever done was had to tell you you did a no no which I was duty bound to do as moderator. either way nice try I'm still smiling on this end and LOL that you think you can snow anyone here. And still fondly remembering the Cy I once new.

-Keen OUT

------------------
Commander Keen

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 08-09-2000 05:37 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And the point of bringing up that comment Cyborg was what? Stop the shit already man, what happened over at the blue board keep there. Don't bring it over here, and you know what I mean.

------------------

Ghost Face Killer

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 08-09-2000 07:05 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya, be good or GFKiller will own you!
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 08-10-2000 02:04 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess you do have some good points there Keen. In fact I do remember you trying to calm sh*t down with those "Name that Tune" posts. Maybe I do have you wrong.

Thanks for remembering the REAL me also.

------------------
I can almost smell the ocean now... and that Mac n' fries...

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com