next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Hats off to Hal9000

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hats off to Hal9000
DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2000 03:49 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rocket Arena looks great. Thanks for all the hard work Hal.
Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 07-24-2000 03:59 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is Hal still working on RA3? I thought he wouldn't have time with all the work for EA.
I love the map with the hand coming through the wall. Looks cool.

[This message has been edited by Redlemons (edited 07-24-2000).]

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2000 04:04 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how long he worked on it after he made the big move. Maybe he'll sneak in one day and fill us in on all the fast cars and faster women out there.
Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2000 02:21 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAL is the man..RA3 looks beautiful, and plays even better. i think im gonna ditch work early and go play.
Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
HAL9000
Sarge
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted 07-24-2000 07:01 PM     Profile for HAL9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, thought I'd stop by and see if you guys had any comments on RA3... and you do!

heheh

thanks. I actually had my two maps "done" about a month and a half ago, but had to go and tweak them as the beta testers were going through them.

The addition of "Gaudy" (formerly 'The Other Warehouse' from Q2) was done on Friday night. The morons on the beta test team just weren't happy at all with the space red-rover arena in ra3map8. I didn't have another team-sized arena so I converted Other Warehouse as fast as possible and it got slapped in there... that's why I called it "Gaudy" heheh

I'm really busy at work, and rarely post to any BBs anymore. I have a new website coming up that will have all my personal Quake-related stuff, www.whatthehal.com -- the DNS info went through last night, so by week's end the site should be up and running. You can find a couple new q3 maps (not RA3) there when its up.

Latas
John

Posts: 582 | From: Norcross,GA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 09:56 AM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you have any versions of your MAPS that have weapon spawn point I'd like to run them on a server based in FLA

------------------
Commander Keen

Posts: 783 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 07-27-2000 11:05 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAL~ When I saw those maps I felt like I had seen them before...

=P

HAL9000
Sarge
Member # 78

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2000 06:08 PM     Profile for HAL9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will not release any of my RA3 maps as vanilla-dm maps, as they aren't intended for that style of gameplay.

Suicide20 released some of his, which the rest of the RA3 team wasn't very happy about.

Posts: 582 | From: Norcross,GA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 07:43 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is there a bind thinger where i can change a song during the middle of a game
i mean, in case i'm not in the mood to hear a particular song
sometimes, i'd like to skip some songs

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fuze
Sarge
Member # 45

Rate Member

posted 07-28-2000 10:30 PM     Profile for Fuze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hal, the RA3 team did a great job. Players are sucking it up, and loving it. I have noticed ppl who had written off Q3 are back raving about RA3. (Scooby comes to mind..)

Thanks.

Posts: 1350 | From: British Columbia (not England or South America) | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Druidae
Sarge
Member # 1380

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2000 10:46 PM     Profile for Druidae   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
takes her hat off

looks in the mirror.....yipes!...hat hair!

shoves her hat back on and gives Hal a hug instead

------------------

Posts: 746 | From: Hell | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2000 11:30 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The maps are great... I've put Diablo II on hold and was glad I did...

------------------
...TheKiller

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-29-2000 12:38 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RA3 Owns my Soul.

------------------

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com