next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » PC vs Dreamcast

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PC vs Dreamcast
Racer_X_JG
Visor
Member # 2667

Rate Member

posted 12-22-2001 12:15 AM     Profile for Racer_X_JG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have both copys of Quake 3 Arena (PC and Dreamcast). So after having to many incounters with up close and personal Rockets, shocked with lighting guns at once, drifting off into space, finding out how hot the lava pits are and railed throught the head from a far on the dreamcast I found I'm 10x better on the PC. Any way I heard that PC players are able to play Dreamcast players so I want to every step I have to take to play DC players from my PC to share my pain with them.

Where do I get the files?

Do I need special IP numbers?

Do I download to PC or Dreamcast?

Ooh one more thing.

Did I post this in the wrong message board?

Ooh one more thing.

LOL

I also played a weapon mod on the DC.
How do I find Dreamcast mod rooms.

Thanks to all who reads :P

--------------------

I am the prince of all sayians once again

Posts: 1 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul
Visor
Member # 2757

Rate Member

posted 04-09-2002 07:04 PM     Profile for Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm probably wrong, but I think it's impossible to play against DreamCast Quake players from a PC. The games are very different from each other, as they are designed for different consoles.

--------------------

-Paul

Posts: 8 | From: Rockford, Michigan, United States | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-10-2002 12:12 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's technically possible to play DC servers on a PC, but it's not quite legal. Some copyright stuff getting in the way.

Basicaly:

1. You need to run the 1.16 pointrelease
2. You need the DC maps
3. You need to know ip addys of the DC servers.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
DGhost
Sarge
Member # 2704

Member Rated:

posted 04-10-2002 02:52 PM     Profile for DGhost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I heard if was possible but it's a pain in the ass to setup that... Lindi is right for the version number if I remember correctly.. and forget mod, no mod is allowed except to one that came on the DC version... anyway the best players are plaing on the net, not on the dreamcast..

--------------------

DGhost

"Everybody knows Rocket Launchers have proximity safety sensors that lockdown the firing mechanism to prevent point blank use, not my fault, stupid game."

Posts: 514 | From: Montreal | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com