Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » How to contact ID?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to contact ID?
TheBug
Visor
Member # 2540

Member Rated:

posted 08-31-2001 11:47 AM     Profile for TheBug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are developing a game controller and have problems with the V1.29h patch for Q3. Does anyone have any idea how we can contact ID directly to get to talk with some developers?
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 08-31-2001 09:06 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently they're 'approachable', I've seen some people say, but I guess that depends on what kind of question you're going to ask them.

With yours, though, I'd suggest posting this at the Quake3World forums, as a few of those guys seem to be friends with the id crew, and I think Paul Jaquays sometimes posts there.

Maybe someone else here will have some ideas, though.

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Redlemons ]

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 08-31-2001 11:44 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i am john carmack
you can address yo questions to me

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-02-2001 04:55 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps you could send them mail. I'd hate to see the post be lost in the spammage at quake3world...
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 09-03-2001 02:19 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That would be best, Lindi, but I took that to mean that TheBug didn't know an e-mail address to use. I know I wouldn't have a clue Unless you know of it?
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2001 04:17 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did a little searching and this is all I came up with.
http://www.idsoftware.com/cgi-win/polyform.exe/support

Hope it works.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 09-03-2001 07:05 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is it with id? Do they just expect their fanbase to help everyone who has a problem? It is true that the Quake community knows how to fix almost every problem anyone could ever have (it's just a matter of knowing where to look and who to ask) but still, you'd think id would have better support. That page that Lindi just posted, for instance - it hasn't been updated in years. The highest processor speed is 200MHz and the latest game they have is Quake.
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 09-03-2001 03:36 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol @ id support page

lol 8mb ram . .

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
H3liCat
Visor
Member # 2467

Rate Member

posted 09-03-2001 03:59 PM     Profile for H3liCat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you know if you type quake (or quake1, i forget) as a keyword in AOL, you get like an ad for quake 1... Id still has that keyword and hasn't changed it since before q1 came out
You'd swear they were bankrupt or something, they really should maintain it better
Hasn' changed a word in about 5 years

Posts: 25 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com