next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » problem in multiplayer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problem in multiplayer
bigwesty
Visor
Member # 2483

Rate Member

posted 07-25-2001 12:51 AM     Profile for bigwesty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
me and my friend play quake 3 online together alot but he is having problems... he keeps getting a flashing connection interupted and he has really bad lag... we both have highspeed connections... DSL and Cable... what could be the problem please help thanks
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 01:12 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well you really need to be a little more specific about your hardware. When the question conserns connections it might also be a good idea to mention what ISP you are using and what server this is happening on.

First suggestion is to check the connection type in the settins menu and to make sure that is't set to the appropriate value.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 01:28 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, i had that problem-reason being, in my network settings i had a "33.6k Modem". once i switched it to cable, i saw quite a big difference in gameplay and in my ping. if he has a cable modem, and his lights are flashing... then he suffers from the same problem as me. once in a while in a game, my modem light just turns off completely for about 2 seconds. dunno why, but it's annoying.
Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 01:49 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could just be the server too. try a couple different ones. That is, unless one of you are running the server you're playing on.

--------------------

aka dAm

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com