my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » ok... one more question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ok... one more question
ryan
Visor
Member # 2447

posted 06-16-2001 04:35 PM     Profile for ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i downloaded 1.27g and was able to get urban terror to work... for a while. If "work" is what you'd call it. Even though I'm connected through a LAN the game kept freezing for seconds at a time. Also, i tried using cheats in quake 3 arena, and it keeps saying cheats aren't allowed on host. I didn't think I was on a host. Where can I use cheats? this game is the most confusing thing i've ever played. thanks in advance.
Posts: 2 | From: urbana, il | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 06-17-2001 12:12 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is just straight off the top of my head, as I've just woken up (2:12pm Sunday) maybe you've got a virus checker or some other program running in the background? Or that Findfast thing? I know that slows down a lot of machines. But if it only happens in UT then maybe that's not the case.

As for the cheats issue, if you are the server then you have to enable the cheats (sv_cheats 1 is it? And if you're connecting to an online or LAN game then they have to enable 'em.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com