Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » ERROR: QUAKE3 HAS CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE QUAKE3.EXE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ERROR: QUAKE3 HAS CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE QUAKE3.EXE
simonSays
Visor
Member # 2424

Rate Member

posted 05-30-2001 12:15 AM     Profile for simonSays   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am in the middle of a rousing match, and before I know it, the screen locks up and there's the infamous windows error window. It tells me that quake3 caused an invalid page fault in module quake3.exe. PLZ HELP!

--------------------

Don't ever commit necrocide...that is...if it's possible...hrmmmmm

Posts: 2 | From: home | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-30-2001 01:12 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First you've got to fix my crystalball. There is no way that one can say anything with out any specs.

Based on what you say all I can recomend is checking for heat problems and making sure you've got the latest drivers for your hardware.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
watchdog
Sarge
Member # 88

Rate Member

posted 06-02-2001 06:42 PM     Profile for watchdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also make sure you don't have a lot of proggies running in the background (icq, aim, whatever). They eat up system resources and don't agree with quakers. Like Lindi said, post some specs if you would like some more help bub.

--------------------

Posts: 92 | From: Hicksville, TN USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2001 01:06 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which point release you running?

The only time I have ever had Quake give an error like that is when I had a badly installed point release.

Try reinstalling it. Or download the latest one and install that. But yeah without computer specs it's harder to diagnose the problem.

[edit]

Just to be clear, I meant reinstalling the point release, not quake. . . and that reminds me, anyone know when the new point release is due out. . . I have a desire to see if modem play is better, I need to frag again.

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2001 09:14 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a lot of talk about that, many people are getting mundo restless. Paul Jaqays said that it's delayd over at quake3world, but that is like three weeks ago now.. :/
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2001 08:08 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hwat will happen with the ra3 mod!! nooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 06-06-2001 01:15 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry too much Grumps, I heard rumors that this point release is going to be backwards compatible.

Quake3world. . . last time I was there was I flamed somebody. . . I wonder if I'm still a member, with all of the 3 posts I made.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 06-06-2001 05:24 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah there are a lot of bad seeds at quake3world.com, but there is enough room for a few good guys too.

Me for example.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com