Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » where to get intel optimized dlls for quake 3?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: where to get intel optimized dlls for quake 3?
blade8079
Visor
Member # 2422

Rate Member

posted 05-26-2001 09:24 PM     Profile for blade8079   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey dudes does anyone know where to get intel optimized dlls for quake 3?

I just installed win 2k and i have about 10 fps drop in demo 1 since win 98
under win98 i had 90 under win2k i have about 80-82 -this sucks...

my memoery bandwith is also significantly lower on win2k vs win 98

quake 3 runs fine but ran better under 98...

Any tips or suggestions ?

Thnx

Blade

DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 05-27-2001 01:55 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to Win2k. Forget the dll's and tweak the rest of it.

--------------------

aka dAm

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-30-2001 12:34 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey. For Win2k for most games to run better then win98 i download a program called Win2k Launcher... According to the makers of this program it sais Win2k runs stuff in priority and at a default of 3 (beiing worse then win98). With quake3 though even at this priority i had 82 FPS in Full Detail and 8x6 Res. But when i put it up to 4 it only loaded the levels quicker... like 2 or 3 secs. : / You can ICQ me at 81326860 if you want the program or you could just search for it. ( I forgot the URL) Hope this helps you a bit.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-30-2001 12:36 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW Win2k isn't all great. I found Each OS has its ups and downs. But for now im sticking with Win98 becasue I can't play Starcraft with win2k. The battle.net feature is crap under the os for some unknown reason. Many people in the Starcraft community still don't know what it is but for now. Win98 is all good since i got a USB mouse and some annoying things stopped. : P
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-31-2001 05:23 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sinisterstorm2000:
BTW Win2k isn't all great. I found Each OS has its ups and downs. But for now im sticking with Win98 becasue I can't play Starcraft with win2k. The battle.net feature is crap under the os for some unknown reason. Many people in the Starcraft community still don't know what it is but for now. Win98 is all good since i got a USB mouse and some annoying things stopped. : P

I've been playing lots and lots of Diablo2 on win2k no problem there. Is it a Bnet problem?

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-31-2001 11:36 AM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its a battle.net problem. There are so many people who have complained about it. Diablo2 works fine but Broodwars and Starcraft don't. You log on and when you join a game it always gives red lag and sais Unable to Join game. And also when you create no one can join. No one has looked at this yet... not even blizzard. So until then i will stick with win98 or duel boot.
Particle
Visor
Member # 2439

posted 06-07-2001 10:05 PM     Profile for Particle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Depends on your motherboard, which one are you using? If it's an i815 board, the problem is your gonna have to install ne motherboard drivers since it came out after the OS. ? about the bandwidth thingy... I get higher benches on everything in Win2k, including 3dMark. Win2k is just so much more stable, and barring the occasional old game not working (try the compatibility layers), this is the best OS out.

No Linux people please... I'm running RedHat7.1, and I still have to say that Win2k is better...

--------------------

"War doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Posts: 5 | From: Montreal | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com