next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » MS Intelli Mouse

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MS Intelli Mouse
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-08-2001 02:01 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just something i have been confused by... I have a Intelli Mouse and when i turn the mouse speed on max all that happens is the mouse skips a lot more and is A LOT less smoother then my crappy ps/2 mouse...? I used the USB and The PS/2 version of this mous eand instead of it getting more sensitive it makes the movement skippy. Like when i move the mouse it skipps 1cm at a time. : ) Not that much but it seems like it.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-09-2001 02:37 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm... well that seems strange, you are talking about the windows settings, right? I haven't really heard about the skipping other than ingame. Anyway try gettug the latest M$-intellipoint software from their site... dunno if it will halp, but what the hey.

I use my IntelliEye Explorer at about halfway on the sensitivity slider in Windows2k. Never noticed any skipping, the mouse is smooth as silk.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 05-09-2001 04:23 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My mouse was doin then same thing a while back - try this mate:

in q3 console type:

/in_mouse -1

that fixed my probs.

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-09-2001 10:54 AM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thx Pars but that didn't change ne thing really. I have the newest software for this mouse but it seems like it is worse for it. : / I noticed it more in Win98. I got win2k and it is less noticable. Maybe it is the surface? im using pretty much a plastic mouse pad... or my desk. Ne suggestions for something that may make it slide smoother?> I have thought about taking off those stupid rubber things.
Posts: 104 | From: Corner Brook, Newfoundland CND | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-09-2001 03:25 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm using a normal neoprene mousepad, nothing fancy but it protects the table surface.

Haven't noticed any difference when using the pad or the table surface (wood).

Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 05-10-2001 02:16 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't really help you with your problem (what do I know about meeses?) but a word of advice-
Don't use your mouse on a wooden surface! I was using one and the wood is literally worn away from underneath it. I've probably ruined the desk

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-10-2001 03:03 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's why I'm using the pad, it's also been said that the mouse does not work well with shiny surfaces. The cloth on the pad is not shiny.
Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 05-10-2001 04:12 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe a silly question;

How old is your intelli mouse? Have you just salvaged it from somewhere or is it new. If its not new have you cleaned the rollers?

I'm using an optical mouse ps/2 it has a usb connector on it but i find the input isn't as good on usb (..... wtf) and also cannot justify using up one of my two ports for a mouse. I found that the mouse input is quake3 is shoddy anyway, i still can't get it to respond in the way i want it.

Kayne

--------------------

DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 05-10-2001 09:25 AM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only time mine ever did that was when I had a tiny hair or something stuck in the "eye" of it.

--------------------

aka dAm

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-10-2001 12:04 PM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummm Kaybe a Intelli Mouse don't have Rollers. : P It is a Optical Mouse. Maybe i should use the PS/2 port instead but... I have the option to use 2 also. Ill give it a go. I have done this before but not without the actual drivers that came with it. (which suck BTW) - I say this cause when i restart the sensitivity is always different when i get back into windows.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-11-2001 03:26 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My IntelliEye Explorer is an optical, one of the "first generation" rodents, got it the same week they became available here.

Are you running more than one USB devices? I mean the are limitations to what the USB port can handle, when using several devices that limit is hit quite fast. Using the USB is also a little taxatingon the CPU, that + the heavy load a game puts on the CPU...

I'm only running one device, the mouse and have no problems.

sinisterstorm2000
Sarge
Member # 2220

Rate Member

posted 05-11-2001 11:31 AM     Profile for sinisterstorm2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah. I dunno what it is. I know USB takes away from the CPU but i doubt with a 733 and 256-megs of RAM i will notice it. The PS/2 Isn't smoother then the USB though. The drivers frigged it up and it seems fine now after reinstalling Win2k and using the default drivers.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-11-2001 02:02 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, cool that you got it fixed though.
Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 05-15-2001 01:01 PM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an intelli mouse at work that isn't optical, not all intelli mice are. Nah nah na naaah naaah

--------------------

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 05-15-2001 01:03 PM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And if you don't believe me i'll scan in the bottom of it

--------------------

elitegamer
Visor
Member # 2430

posted 05-31-2001 04:06 PM     Profile for elitegamer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
USB mice are not very good. I've tested all different kinds of mice for gaming...personally i have found 10$ intellimouse cheapie to outperform every optical mouse i've tried. ps2rate 200 w/ logitech drivers, it is more accurate and smooth than any 120hz piece of garbage usb. Also the usb mice seem to have issues on some machines with locking up and performing erratically. Move a USB mouse too quickly, it stops moving altogether. very poor. just my 2 cents.
Posts: 3 | From: asdf | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 06-01-2001 03:51 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good call elite.

I have an optical, and although they feel nicer they don't perform as well as the old fashion ball mouse if you keep the ball and rollers in good nick!

Kayne

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com