Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Quake3 Arena not recognizing game controllers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quake3 Arena not recognizing game controllers
Albigger

Member # 0

Rate Member

posted 03-25-2001 12:03 PM     Profile for Albigger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quake3 dos not recognize my game controllers. Any suggestions? thanks.
Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 03-25-2001 02:25 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You will need to be a little more specific than that, atleast if you wan't some answers. I'd suggest the classic mouse/keyboard combination, mainly 'cause it's tried and tested and almost every computer has got those.

------------------

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 03-26-2001 02:38 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree, Lindi
Can't go wrong with a keyboard & mouse!

I say if you want to use game controllers, go use a console

Just kidding (somewhat). Um, you'll have to be a lot more specfic.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 03-26-2001 03:07 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dunno if you can have the controller emulate a joystick and even if you can, I really dont know how good the joy support is in quake.

------------------

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 03-27-2001 02:58 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not good, i have a dual axis control pad (like the ps2 pad) i just wanted to set it up to see if it worked and it didn't work with both axis and was impossible to play, same with ut. It's a good job i use keyboard and mouse!!!!!!
My advise is, that if you want to get good, use the kayboard and mouse, mainly because even if you get your controler set up the way you want it, you will never get the same responsivenes. With the mouse you can turn 180 in a millisecond!

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 03-27-2001 03:01 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have however thought it would be cool to get two joystiks, mount one on each side of my keyboard with superglue, use the left one for forward,back,and strafe and set the second one up for looking about...... that would be cool. Circular straffing would be soooo easy!!!!

[This message has been edited by Kayne (edited 03-27-2001).]

Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 03-27-2001 04:48 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kayne- like a mech!
Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 03-27-2001 05:43 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeh! That'd be totally cool
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 03-28-2001 02:22 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kayne:
I have however thought it would be cool to get two joystiks, mount one on each side of my keyboard with superglue, use the left one for forward,back,and strafe and set the second one up for looking about...... that would be cool. Circular straffing would be soooo easy!!!!

[This message has been edited by Kayne (edited 03-27-2001).]

Ever play Descent, Kayne? I played all three of them using a two joystick setup like you just described. I think that the two joystick setup is at home in descent, but I'd never trade the mouse/keyb combo for FPSs.

------------------

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 03-28-2001 03:19 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have played descent, but not with that set up, i'd like to try it though, but yeah I agree, even if i did play like it in q3 i would keep the mouse handy for those fast turns and stuff!
**Bushido**
Visor
Member # 2350

Rate Member

posted 03-28-2001 05:32 AM     Profile for **Bushido**   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the Two Joystick setup might well work in Q3 but without a keyb/mouse combo you'd never be able to move weave in and out quick enuff to dodge those rockets!

------------------
**Bushido**
The Way of The Warrior.

Posts: 6 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 03-28-2001 06:00 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
some d00ds of [oz] use joystick/mouse combo
and they pretty g00d

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com