Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » server problems!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: server problems!
da_newbster

Member # 0

Rate Member

posted 01-18-2001 10:49 PM     Profile for da_newbster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, i have a little problem, whenever i create a multiplayer game in q3, no body can join! they get stuck on the awaiting gamestate screen, some people tell me it's becuase of my firewall cuz i have cable. any suggestions to fix this prob and allow people to join my server?
Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-19-2001 03:32 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh, you need to setup your firewall to allow trafic, for which ever port you are using for your quake3 server... (?)

Acctually I haven't got a clue how to do it, but there is bound to be some documentation about the firewall (which ever it is).

------------------
Spell checks? SPELL CHECKS? we don't need no stinking Spell Checks.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 01-24-2001 11:17 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What firewall are you running, and does it allow port mapping?

O

American freak
Visor
Member # 2279

Rate Member

posted 02-02-2001 11:37 PM     Profile for American freak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
are you using a linksys router? I have heard of problems with that. I think you have to set up something like DGZ or something like that, it allows on computer to connect directly to the net.
i read that somewhere so i might not be right. look it up......

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 02-03-2001 03:01 AM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
27960 is the default port for quake 3 servers if you are only running one server and you don't specifiy any port numbers.

------------------
...TheKiller

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com