Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » weird mouse with 1.27g update

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird mouse with 1.27g update
pivot
Visor
Member # 2260

Rate Member

posted 12-17-2000 07:17 PM     Profile for pivot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The mouse feels very weird with the new release.

I move around with the keyboard, and turn / look with the mouse, thus I often press two keys at the same time, while moving the mouse.

Whenever two keys are pressed down simultaneously, it seems that mouse acceleration is in action, since the mouse movement is slower to a certain point, the suddently much faster.

This is so annoying that I'm almost reinstallign 1.17.

Anyone else had this problem?

------------------
-Torgeir

Posts: 7 | From: Munich,Bavaria,Germany | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 12:10 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try the following:

In game, bring down the console by pressing the ~ key

Type the following, each followed by an enter

/r_swapinterval 0
/m_filter 0

Those two options alone can cause your mouse to lag excessively especially when you're in a firefight.

/cl_mouseaccel 0

This will make sure you DON'T have mouse acceleration on

Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
pivot
Visor
Member # 2260

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 03:39 AM     Profile for pivot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fury:
Type the following, each followed by an enter

/r_swapinterval 0
/m_filter 0
/cl_mouseaccel 0

This will make sure you DON'T have mouse acceleration on

But I allready have these in my q3config.cfg file. I guess they aren't case sensitive.

I'll try to input these commands after the game have started to see if it makes any difference. (Have to wait after working hours..)

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-18-2000 05:25 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This isn't the "flipping out" that people have reported while using an optical mouse?

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
pivot
Visor
Member # 2260

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 06:14 AM     Profile for pivot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lindi:
This isn't the "flipping out" that people have reported while using an optical mouse?

It might very well be. I've used an intellieye mouse in the past on both computers, with installed MS Intellipoint software (and DX8 if that matters), but one of the machines currently has a normal mechanical mouse. I'll try to uninstall the intellipoint software and try again.

Do you have any link to discussion on the "flipping out" topic?

------------------
-Torgeir

pivot
Visor
Member # 2260

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 02:45 PM     Profile for pivot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, after playing some more, it seems to mee that the cause of this is that the motion commands is sent to the server, and in the case of lags, motion is simply ignored.

This is a very serious problem. 1.27g is unplayable for me.

------------------
-Torgeir

pivot
Visor
Member # 2260

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 03:25 PM     Profile for pivot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some information I stumbled over at quakeworld;

(Interview with Robert Duffy) We fixed the mouse wheel bug by properly initializing direct input. This appears to have caused the mouse acceleration settings from windows to show up in the game. You can fix this by either turning OFF mouse acceleration in windows or by adjusting the m_pitch, and sensitivity values until your mouse feels right. We have only had this reported on a few mice.

Hmm, seems it affects atleast Windows 2000 (with DX8) with microsoft mice.

I'mm try the m_pitch value then, but I actually thinks that it might be dropping motion commands (that's what it feels like).

------------------
-Torgeir

pivot
Visor
Member # 2260

Rate Member

posted 12-18-2000 03:34 PM     Profile for pivot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here it is; http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000723.html

------------------
-Torgeir

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-19-2000 02:42 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, about fricking time that mwheel problem is adressed. Allthough now we prolly need to wait for a mouse movement fix then.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com