next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Reversed stereo in RA3

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reversed stereo in RA3
[SS]ArchangeL
Visor
Member # 2241

Rate Member

posted 11-19-2000 07:46 PM     Profile for [SS]ArchangeL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I get reversed stereo in RA3. If I have r_stereo 1 the first map is fine. When the map changes it goes back to being reversed. Can anyone tell me how to sort this pls...

------------------
[SS]ArchangeL

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 11-19-2000 08:04 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You need to tell us what kind of Sound card you have.

Is it only quake 3 RA3 that has this reverse stereo problem?

------------------
...TheKiller

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
[SS]ArchangeL
Visor
Member # 2241

Rate Member

posted 11-20-2000 01:07 PM     Profile for [SS]ArchangeL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an Aureal SQ2500 soundcard using Vortex 2 chipset. It all worked fine before but I've had to reinstall Q3 and start a new cfg from scratch. Just played some OSP and the sound was fine. Only seems to be dodgy in RA3. I've tried deleting RA3 completely and installing it again. Still does the same.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 11-21-2000 04:01 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try "/seta r_stereo 1" in the console (without the quotes). That should save the setting permanently. If it doesn't you can bind r_stereo 1 to some key, a temporary quickfix.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 11-21-2000 06:57 PM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Vortex of Sound has all the answers for this I have the link on my site the link to it is my signature...

------------------
Commander Keen

Posts: 783 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
[SS]ArchangeL
Visor
Member # 2241

Rate Member

posted 11-24-2000 10:01 PM     Profile for [SS]ArchangeL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't find anything useful on that link. And I still haven't sorted it. Tried the updated RA3 client too. Still same
fury
Sarge
Member # 676

Rate Member

posted 11-27-2000 06:09 AM     Profile for fury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
isn't r_* the set of variables associated with the rendering system of Q3?

If that's the one exception and it does fix stereo being reversed, I recommend adding "seta r_stereo 1" to (or creating) your autoexec.cfg file

although that does baffle me. I use a Vortex2 SQ2500 as well and have no problems...

Posts: 842 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
[SS]ArchangeL
Visor
Member # 2241

Rate Member

posted 11-29-2000 05:14 AM     Profile for [SS]ArchangeL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah found that r_stereo 1 doesn't seem to affect it. It was just coicidence. Seems to be very random. Which drivers do you use?
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-03-2000 05:36 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are your speakers oriented backwards? lol
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
[SS]ArchangeL
Visor
Member # 2241

Rate Member

posted 01-04-2001 12:13 PM     Profile for [SS]ArchangeL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New drivers. Seems to be working now.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com