Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Kicked-out upon Entering Game???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kicked-out upon Entering Game???
vilhiem

Member # 0

Rate Member

posted 09-29-2000 02:06 AM     Profile for vilhiem     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(A) When I'm starting a multiplayer game, Q3 will kick me out of a game at the moment the first frame appears upon enetering the game. It then goes back to the main menu, where I try again and again to join a game. This happens on over 50% of the my attempts to join a multiplayer game.

(B) On another issue (maybe related?), it seems that at some point, the SOUNDS when selecting various menu items at the beginning of the game sound more "tinny" than when I first installed Q3. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2000 03:07 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On (B) have you changed anything in the sound settings, either ingame or via the sound control in windows? Any thing else that might affect the sound hardware, new drivers, loose wires or something?

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2000 05:33 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(A) - This is because the server has "sv_pure 1" enabled, tell the server to change it to 0 OR take out all the pk3 files that are not from quake3 OK?

Hope that werks man! (i have learnt that one from experience with modem games)

Parsout

Oh, (B) - check if you have A3D sound enabled(in quake3), if so, your sound will be tinny for sure, to disable it type in "disable_a3d" (i think!)

Parsout, again

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 09-29-2000 08:52 AM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
make sure you have the same version of the MOD there using also delete any .PK3 file from baseq3 that does not start with PAK1 PAK2 PAK3 and PAK0 any others may cause the cheat protection to kick you out.

------------------
Commander Keen

Posts: 783 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2000 09:00 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way ta bak me up keen!!!!!

tanx man!!

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2000 09:10 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, make sure you are using the same point release of Q3 as the servers you are trying to connect to. Most are still 1.17, but some may be 1.25 even though it is a beta version.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2000 12:13 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as the sound goes, I had a similar thing happen because I was playing around in the Direct7 Diagnostic thingy and I accidently told it not to use any acceleration for my sound device. You might want to check that out as well, as soon as I changed it back to full accerlation everything was fine.

------------------

[This message has been edited by AcidWarp (edited 09-29-2000).]

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
KRUSTYY
Sarge
Member # 2186

Rate Member

posted 09-29-2000 04:41 PM     Profile for KRUSTYY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The pak3 files thing sounds like the culprit but it " pure1" usually lets you play the first game , then ejects on all the next maps I've found.
Posts: 97 | From: N.Y.C. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 09-30-2000 06:17 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always use the sv_pure crack so i don't have to worry about that bullshit...

mang, it has been 3 months since i played a good mp fragfest...i can't imagine how rusty i am

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com