next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » New Pt. Release 1.25

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Pt. Release 1.25
KRUSTYY
Sarge
Member # 2186

Rate Member

posted 09-23-2000 12:59 AM     Profile for KRUSTYY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[url]ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/3dfiles/patches/q3pointrelease_125.exe[\url]
Posts: 97 | From: N.Y.C. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-23-2000 07:11 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, its pretty fucking good BUT YOU CANT PLAY DEMO'S ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bot and motion code has VASTLY improved

BUT YOU CANT PLAY ANY OLD DEMO'S FUCK!!!!!

here is the error

ERROR: CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message

How do ya like that?

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
KRUSTYY
Sarge
Member # 2186

Rate Member

posted 09-23-2000 02:43 PM     Profile for KRUSTYY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't say much b/cause I'm only playing the full version . Is that what your saying?
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-23-2000 11:27 PM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Na, ive got the full version, but what im saying is that if you had any old demo files (including the 2 official id software demos), you wont be able to play them anymore because of that error message above (in my last post)

Sorry if was confusing!

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-25-2000 02:27 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hevn't tried it yet, but I heard from a friend that mods will also stop working! Must be a *slight* upset for the mod community.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-25-2000 09:52 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, ive just finished at the q3 world boards...

I think id soft has made more problems out of fixing old ones!!!

They are bitching like crazy over there, i was scared!!!!(not!)

Parsout

(even though all the sites say that this test is protocol version "45" it IS "46", ill post a screenie of it tomorrow (no mean to offend anyone, just that i had to share that revelation with someone!!!!)

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-25-2000 11:52 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I made the descission to wait for a moment with DLing the new patch. Partly because my active (daily) playing isn't what it used to be and because of all the critique flying around...

I guess the servers are quite crowded right now too.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

KRUSTYY
Sarge
Member # 2186

Rate Member

posted 09-25-2000 02:11 PM     Profile for KRUSTYY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now I get it. Pretty fk'ed up improvement.
Damit. I used to love that excessive mod.
or overkill one. Well ya can always reinstall from scratch , minus that patch.
Oh not again .Btw got new wickedgl drivers out too. Well not really new On 3dfiles site bout a week ago.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-26-2000 03:02 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check the news out, pretty interresting plan. update by Todd.

------------------

Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-26-2000 03:17 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, at least its not just my pc!!! ahhaha

Do those wicked GL drivs werk on a Voodoo 3?

If so, could you post a link?

(my bro has a v3 and the beta 3dfx drivers ALWAYS suck)

Parsout

Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 09-26-2000 08:54 AM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
weee I hope the keen model is in there.

It won't be

can somebody check 4 me?

------------------
Commander Keen

Posts: 783 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
KRUSTYY
Sarge
Member # 2186

Rate Member

posted 09-26-2000 12:16 PM     Profile for KRUSTYY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a V3 3000 , and the wickedgl drivers always work. The thing is , they need ya to register which is painless. Then they send ya an activation code in e-mail.
http://www.wicked3d.com/

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com