next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » connection interrupted

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: connection interrupted
stang
Visor
Member # 2157

Rate Member

posted 09-06-2000 12:07 AM     Profile for stang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm new to Q3 online. When playing online, the icon at bottom right of screen says connection interrupted but my ISP is still connected.Do I need to make adjustments to the game? Thanks in advance.
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2000 02:01 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nopes
it just means your connect is a lil slow sometimes
you can do some things though
/snaps
bump that up a lil
/rate
bump that up a lil

is that right guys?

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2000 01:49 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can also try Gamespy and/or Pingtool to find servers that you ping descently. (If you aren't using them already.)

And as Grumpy said, the rate command can affect your donnection quality ingame very much. (Haven't tried "snaps" myself.)

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2000 02:23 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah! somebody posted!
been a while

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 09-07-2000 08:41 PM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
/snaps is very cool, fixes ALL probs between modem2modem conections. Me and a friend fucked with that cmd on the w/end now we can shoot the plasma at each other for about 10 secs before it (the connection) dies!!!

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 09-08-2000 01:41 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which is kinda bad i think, you need to tweak the game tto be able to properly use a weapon in multiplayer in a multiplayer only game!?

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Commander Keen
Sarge
Member # 853

Rate Member

posted 09-08-2000 01:37 PM     Profile for Commander Keen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really depends what the lag-o-meter is doing at that moment wether you bump them up or down also cl_maxpackets. go to my page (click my sig) under variables you'll find a description of the lag-o-meter and what those colors mean and how to tweak it. admin central also has a lag-o-meter guide up on their site as well made by Zxel.

------------------
Commander Keen

Posts: 783 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com