Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » creating GL context failed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: creating GL context failed
cajunspice
Visor
Member # 1774

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2000 10:23 AM     Profile for cajunspice   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the error I get when starting q3arena.

Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...39 PFDs found
...hardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 3 selected
...creating GL context: failed
...failed hard
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): failed
...releasing DC: failed
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL

I have a geforce 256 with the 5.22 drivers, but i get the same error with the 5.32 drivers (Nvidia).

I am running win2K on a Asus K7V (bios 1006) with a Athlon 750Mhz

If anyone can tell e what is up, i would appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by cajunspice (edited 07-22-2000).]

Posts: 6 | From: Atlanta, GA 30324 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2000 02:02 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you had the GForce in since the last format? If so, (I have one too, it's an ASUS) reload Q3 and install the 1.17 patch and see if that works. Is the 5.22 the ASUS drivers? If so, I have this problem in Win98 on a dual booting win2k win98 machine. I think that the ASUS drivers suck for GForces (I think).

Let me know what happens

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cajunspice
Visor
Member # 1774

Rate Member

posted 07-23-2000 12:29 PM     Profile for cajunspice   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I built the same machine for my brother-in-law and it works fine. We both have the same video card (guillemot prophet SE - has SDR memory), same motherboard (Asus K7V with 1006 bios), same processor (AMD Athlon 750), same memory, and everything.

I tried to reinstall q3 and patch it to the 1.17 version and it still doesn't work.

cajunspice
Visor
Member # 1774

Rate Member

posted 07-24-2000 09:33 AM     Profile for cajunspice   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i fixed the problem. I was running dual monitors and as soon as I turned off the second monitor, q3 started without a problem.

good luck to everyone else with problems....

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com