next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Can't start Q3

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't start Q3
Zemick
Visor
Member # 2155

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2000 10:10 AM     Profile for Zemick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've recently upgraded my comp. and now Q3 is fucked..I've tried re-installing , but when I try to start Q3 nothing happens.
In the top of the console is Q_strncpyz: NULL src flashing...and I have no idea what that means..can anybody help me??

Posts: 4 | From: Horsens.Denmark | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
cajunspice
Visor
Member # 1774

Rate Member

posted 07-22-2000 02:17 PM     Profile for cajunspice   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the exact same problem. You can read the specific error printout in my post which is titled "creating gl context failed".

Hopefully someone can tell us what the hell is happening.

good luck.

Paul

Posts: 6 | From: Atlanta, GA 30324 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2000 02:06 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you both have Athlons? Because cpyz is something to do with the processor on the board. The src flashing, is something to do with the CMOS on the board, what boards have you got?

Keep me posted

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zemick
Visor
Member # 2155

Rate Member

posted 07-23-2000 02:41 PM     Profile for Zemick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an Athlon thunderbird 850 MHZ on a ASUS A7V board..GFX = Riva TNT 2 ultra.
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2000 01:30 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man oh man, pretty sweet system,

Anyway, a friend of mine had an athlon 650 wit the lower grade of the same mb and he got the same prob. so he (being the "get pissed off easily" type) wrote to, and sent back his board to asus in some strange country, and we figure (they said it was fine in the letter) that they changed our cmos battery and stuff like that.

I'm not very sure so don't hold me to that

I think that the ppl who sold you it should try a new board (same model but out of new box).

Hope that helps you out

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zemick
Visor
Member # 2155

Rate Member

posted 07-24-2000 07:10 AM     Profile for Zemick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks man.. I'll try that.
cajunspice
Visor
Member # 1774

Rate Member

posted 07-24-2000 09:30 AM     Profile for cajunspice   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zemik - I fixed the problem! I was running dual monitors (2 video cards) and as soon as I stopped extending my desktop across the second monitor, q3 started up like a champ.

If you have dual monitors, you can try this solution, if not, good luck.

I doesn't sound llike the video card because the card starts up and loads the openGL drivers, but gets stuck later on in the initialization program. You can post the error message on the www.activision.com web site and they might be able to help.

good luck

Posts: 6 | From: Atlanta, GA 30324 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2000 07:18 PM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THAT WAS HIS PROB! we were using it as a running machine for a printing press (incredibly handy with two monitors).

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! now ill just change the vid cards (he he, Boss, these vid cards suck, 2 Geforce 2 GTS's THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

WOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOP

Parsout

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com