my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » Quake2 lan problem

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quake2 lan problem
Cratos

Member # 0

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2000 12:53 PM     Profile for Cratos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have a home network, yesterday i tried to connect 3 computers together to play quake. one of the computers is not working properly. when we turn the computer on it is on the network and can get information from the other boxes etc fine.
as soon as we open quake and try to launch or connect to a network game the computer is sudenly not on the network anymore and has to be rebooted to be on the network again.
We have tried forcing the ip address, using DHCP, uninstalling/reinstalling nework components and NIC card. uninstalling/reinstalling Quake2.
We pinged the computer right up until the point where he opens Q2.. the ping only fails after opening Q2. Tried setting his computer as host or having him log into another computer that was set to be the host. still no luck.
I've hit a brick wall. any suggestions?
thx for the help
Cratos

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
LordOPain
Sarge
Member # 1471

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2000 06:26 PM     Profile for LordOPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
are you sure they're all ipx/spx protocol..??
if so, disable the modem(if they have one)in the device manager....check ver. of quake,
in the player setup, set the connect speed for t1-lan..... other than that,throw away the lousy 3coms and invest into intel cards or switch to token-ring lan.....(not that that's the problem, theyre just better)

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com