Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Outpost   » So anyway..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So anyway..
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-10-2001 01:16 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..does anyone here play Urban Terror, can't remeber who pimped it a month ago or so, I descided to go for it and been hooked ever since.

If you can handel the 80 Mb download and feel like having a game, then gimme a message or ICQ me.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2001 03:42 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just downloaded UrbanTerror earlier today, and am waiting to install the 2.1 update (right now im downloading Q3Fortress...)

its a pretty sweet game. reminds me of rainbow six. i never really liked that game--too much thinking. but really, the urbanterror mod is sweet. its a little to realistic for me though.. i broke my legs jumping off a building..lol. some guy was like "Bandage yourself!" and i could think about was "This is quake... kill ... kill ... shoot ... find health ... get armor ... kill ... now bandage myself?"

Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2001 03:52 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, pays to think ahead... can't rush into the fray with guns blazing, in the usual way. Man it's difficult to go back to regular quake now.
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2001 05:13 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that one map (with the pier... and the open streets) is unplayable with my computer it just runs too slow... if it werent for that map in the cycle, id still be playing UT (urban terror..not unreal ) right now.. its practically impossible to snipe anyone cuz u stay still for 2 seconds, someone will come up behind u and shoot u in the head

but im addicted. i love the strategy..how u ambush ppl and stuff. and for about an hour, i was playing without reloading (shoulda read the readme). heh. i was wondering why i ran out of ammo so quick we should have a game man.

...when i get my new comp..lol. i think u already have me on ur icq list (mine was deleted) so find me

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2001 04:54 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ut_docks, I think you also like ut_sands then. The quake engine has never been really good at rendering large open areas. People also tend to overlook the new feature in ut2.1, mainly the ability to heal team mates.

Anyway take a look at the manual in the ut2 folder. It will give some great pointers. I'd be glad to play with, or against you.

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-13-2001 04:50 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, i have the new 2.2.. i was about to heal one of my teammates...and i was.. and she just ran away and was all like "touching my crotch?" that was the end of healing..lol

and i always need healing. it takes 2 seconds. i was playing ut_sands and u know that big open area whith the bunkers etc? well, we were all there, i had 6 guys around me and i was like.. "MEDIC!" zero response...

it was sweet though, i was all snipering the other team from behind the bunker... and every time i hit someone in the head, it made me laugh, cuz they'd go flying backwards. in games like with 15+ people, i cant even get close to top 10. my fps is horrible. i just finished playing ut_abbey, and with 20 people, me standing towards a wall, the best i could get was around 20fps. in the heated combat, id usually get around 9fps. i remember, just last year my computer was up to par...now it's a piece.

btw, the maps i like: ut_swim, and ut_sands. the other ones are probably good, just unplayable for me..lol.

we should set up a game. im a newb when it comes to ut, but i try. its hard to hit a moving object running at 9fps. but yea, my icq# is 68175608.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2001 02:39 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn that FPS is really putting you back, I've even been able to win a few rounds at the CHELLO servers. They are located in Holland, nice servers cause they are always populated.

Yeah, I really think that it's a shame that people don't read the manual, since healing others might really make the difference between winning and loosing... people just don't seem to be aware of the whole healing thing.

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-2001 04:15 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last year when i switched from my Voodoo Banchee to this TNT2 Ultra, instagib went by so much smoothly. it was common for me to be always on the top... now im near the bottom cuz my computer usually laggs up when some guy sneaks up in front of me real fast.. by the time the frames are rendered and my computer stops squealing, im dead. this will all change when i get my GeForce3 .. Muahahahahaha >=D

gamers beware.

btw, i dont even use Ski11z as my nickname when i play anymore =\

it's

killabine

H3liCat
Visor
Member # 2467

Rate Member

posted 07-14-2001 08:35 PM     Profile for H3liCat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, i think Urban Terror is about the same as Counter Strike.
Any of you guys know the difference?
I'm stuck with a voodoo3 and 466 Mhz, but at least it gives me a reason for sucking

Posts: 25 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2001 02:29 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's sorta like Counter-Strike, but there are a few significant differences. I really recomend it.
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2001 01:49 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just played UT for 2 hours and 45 minutes...lol. im sooooooooo hooked.

it was sweet cuz i was mostly on ONE server that played only the good maps...sands, streets (lame cuz too many snipers ), and swim...

and my final score:

that was the best i've ever done..lol. i know for sure that i'd be much better with a faster computer.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Ski11z ]

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2001 03:19 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your ping seems pretty good judging by the screenies, I must say that I cannot notice a significant change between 65 and 80 pings. I think that your major drawback is your 25 FPS, man that is hamppering your fragging pretty bad.

Have you tried implementing a graphics optimised cfg?

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2001 03:23 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ski11z, you ever played Q3 on the Llarians servers? I think I've seen you there before, as Killabine I mean.
Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2001 05:33 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i dont pay attention to the servers i play on...but yea u prolly saw me

i'm always killabine.

what was ur nickname?

btw, lindi, i just did change some settings...

medium geometric detail..
compressed textures..

not the lowest settings...but close to them.
i got a tiny fps increase.

there was 1 bug i kept on getting though. in ut_docks, when i moved my mouse, i could only move it right/up/down.... no left. it was weird. i closed q3, and in windows, i still couldnt move my mouse left.. i dunno. did that ever happen to u?

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-17-2001 08:05 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take a look at the manual located in your quake3/ut2 folder. There are a lot of various tweaks that you can use, for example the use of blood on the skins isn't an absolute must etc. etc.
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2001 12:54 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aww skillz, '/r_picmip 5' is the only way to go!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2001 01:12 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what does that do?
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2001 01:17 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
turns your graphics down a tad bit

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2001 01:45 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talk about "lego" gaphics.
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2001 04:36 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got a question....

i switched from Lightmap to Vertex Lighting..and somehow my fps got WORSE! HTF did that happen? i also got rid of extra gfx that might be slowing down my fps, but my framerate was horrible.

can someone please explain that?

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2001 09:31 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That seems very strange... I really can't explain it.
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2001 12:55 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
notice anything odd with these two pictures:
http://jbuyco.panzone.com/images/q3screens/shot0000.jpg
http://jbuyco.panzone.com/images/q3screens/shot0003.jpg

btw, both servers had about the same amount of people on them..

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2001 05:35 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just played @ 1024x768 (with lightmap on)... and it runs better than 640x480. during heated battle..i'm seeing around 25-30fps..its not *real* good, but much better than that damned 10fps.
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-22-2001 12:43 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm ALMOST at the top!!
http://jbuyco.panzone.com/images/q3screens/shot0027.jpg

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-23-2001 02:33 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Approaching the top of the food chain, eh?
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2001 03:48 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im getting better man!
whats your UT screenname? ive been to a lot of servers..i mostly play Team Deathmatch. u?

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2001 09:51 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Team DM is my favourite too, 'cause you get a good non-stop gameflow.

My screen names in UT are:

"I suck", "@ries" or most often "Lindi".

I mostly play on euro-servers tho, the CHELLO.NL mostly.

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-24-2001 09:57 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think i may have seen you as "I Suck" but that is a popular name =\

just wondering, what do you use as your gear? what are your favorite weapons?

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 01:09 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Either the Colt M4 Carbine with the laser sight or the H&K G36E with extra ammo.

I'm not too into grenades and I'm too scared to leave the helmet or cevlarvest.

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 01:25 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, i always have the Kevlar vest on (unless i restrict myself to sniping..cuz one shot im dead anyways). I haven't used the helmet before.. maybe cuz i usually have a lot of weapons.. heh.

Just recently, i realized the 0wnageness of a silencer. So, that has usually been on my list of goodies, and if i play Team Survival, i usually have the night vision goggles too.

But i'd say my favorite weapon is the Franchi SPAS12 Shotgun. I love it. It makes me feel powerful..lol. In close combat maps, i tend to use ColtM4 or the G36 (only thing i dont like aboug the g36 is the horrible accuracy when i use the sight). The sniper rifle i prefer is the PSG-1. the remington is very powerful, and a better scope, but i dont like how you have to reload after each shot..(like, u zoom out, u see the animation of the guy reloading, and then it automaticaly zooms back in). that pisses me off.

and im not a too big fan of grenades either =\ except for maybe the flash grenade. heh, this one time there was a corridor, with like 3 enemies. i flung a flash gren, but they thought it was just an HE gren. they stepped back, but stared at it and blinded them all. i came charging in..lol, they were all shooting at the walls and shit--so i took care of all of them. that was great. i wish i had that recorded

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 04:18 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The secret to sniping with the G36 is to kneel and switch to semi-automatic mode. Burst fire is good for taking enemies out on medium range. Automatic fire is only for those closeup situations.

Althoug I do use Automatic most of the time, the trick is to fire single shots at medium to long range.

Never forget your sidearm, I've found that if you run out of ammo at close range it's way more effective to switch to the sidearm and finnish your opponent off. This is because the reload takes way too much time when you are in a "hurry".

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Lindi ]

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-25-2001 05:43 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh ... i never forget about it..lol

usually, when im in a semi-open area (like in the streets) i dont cary an automatic (ie. M4), i usually have my shotgun ready to go. when i run out of rounds, the first thing i do is switch to my desert eagle (i recently switched back to using the beretta cuz it has a silencer attachment).

and i never knew about that kneeling and bursting thing with the G36...hmm.. cuz i usually am running forward with the sight on..lol. i'll give that a try.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-26-2001 02:24 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Panic fire" usually very seldom works, I've noticed that this is especially true with the G36. Short controlled shots or bursts aimed for the head are the most effective.

Did I mention I also love Alien vs. Predator?? Man what a game, it's a shame it never got any larger amounts of online gamers.

Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 07-27-2001 05:45 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Action Quake2 you had to crouch and stop moving to get the best accuracy. If you move or shoot in long bursts (emptying an entire clip, for example) the reticle spread out and your accuracy went out the window.

I remember how difficult it was to get out of that habit when playing Lithium Q2. Just a few weeks ago I was playing Counter-Strike with my friends (for only the second time in my life) and people kept asking me why I stopped and crouched and was therefore so easy to hit.

Yes.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2001 07:45 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The same is true in Urban Terror. Then again Sk1llz prefers the shotgun, so it really doesn't matter that much.
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2001 08:40 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason im not really "into" the automatic sub-machine guns is plain and simple: my computer is too slow!

When i use a rapid firing gun, i'm bound to have some packetloss and my shots just become worthless. I actually tested this theory by shooting straight into a corridor with about 3 opponents. i didnt even get ONE hit. My fps was so horrible, there would be a muzzle flash from the gun, then about a second of frozen frame...blah, it sucks. The shotgun is up front and straight to the point >=) I do enjoy the PSG as well

Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-28-2001 04:39 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
http://jbuyco.panzone.com/images/q3screens/shot0002.jpg

I'm getting pretty hardcore...heh.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-30-2001 02:59 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a nice score board, I once managed to get 40 kills, while only dying 5 times. But I guess it's needless to say that the opposition sucked.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com