Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Outpost   » So once I get my ADSL.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So once I get my ADSL.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2001 04:35 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to start of by saying that I felt sorry for the "outpost" as nobody had posted anything here for a while.

So let's remedy that right now. As I mentioned in a thread earlier, I have ordered an ADSL connection, that will hopefully be installed in about two weeks. I know that the connection quality will remain to be seen, but I suspect it is a little better than my former ISDN connection I am after all doubling my bandwidth.

I would like to become an active part of the community, so I'd like to ask where you guys normaly play at..., and approximately what times you play. (do you guys even play Q3, or are you still playing Q2??)

Hope to see you in the arena soon.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2001 03:06 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Worms Word Party man hehehe

Like one day I came home from work, my roomie goes, I tried wormnet! I was like, so is it good, he is like...it is great, i was the only person on!! I was like, huh? He says, yeah, the game is not even released yet haha OOOPS

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
DeskJet
Sarge
Member # 980

Member Rated:

posted 04-27-2001 04:57 PM     Profile for DeskJet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Llarians Semaphore Seattle
209.221.142.115:44321

Senseless in Seattle
quake.oz.net:27961

Look for dAm

--------------------

aka dAm

Posts: 484 | From: Calgary, AB | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 02:25 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got word from my telco, the installataion is going to take place the 11th of May.

Man I hope the connection is good outside of Finaland.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 03:04 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I must say I was amazed to see that little light bulb next to The Outpost. . . Anyway, if I was going to bother playing on dial-up, I'd play at Llarian's. Nice atmosphere, nice people. . . well 'cept for the dAm guy he's kinda weird
Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 04-28-2001 03:06 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I must say I was amazed to see that little light bulb next to The Outpost. . . Anyway, if I was going to bother playing on dial-up, I'd play at Llarian's. Nice atmosphere, nice people. . . well 'cept for the dAm guy he's kinda weird
Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-30-2001 05:17 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's be nice to see you there Acid, I think that I will have quite a latency to the US. But I don't mind that, since I can be online as much as I like with the new ADSL.

Funny how time seems to have slowed down to a crawl and the 11th seems an eternity away. Never thought that I would get so exited about the chance to play online games at 25 year of age... I guess that age is a mental state, too.

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 04-30-2001 04:01 PM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, i'm only on a 56k, no-wonder i get my arse kicked all the way back to Britain!

Enjoy your new line Lindi!

When I get my cable modem i'm gonna be quakin' and ut-in' all night long!

Until then i'll stick to lan play

May have to come and see how well y'all play when i get cable.

Kayne

--------------------

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-02-2001 02:59 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You from Britain Kayne?

Perhaps we could get together for a game on Barrys? I'm from Finland, but I have a pretty descent connection to Barrys.

Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 05-02-2001 01:14 PM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeh i'm from britain,

I'll check out what my connection to barry's is like. The one's i have tried i've got pings of 500 or something stupid!!!

Would be cool to play online though!!

Kayne

--------------------

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-02-2001 03:52 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah well, come Friday the 11th... I don't really mind a high ping... haven't played online for a month or two, i.e. ping won't matter that much!
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 05-03-2001 02:29 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just testing...
    test1,test2,test2,testes,testes,testes

• Working?
  • Ehhh

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 05-03-2001 02:32 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The instant UBBCode, right?
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 05-03-2001 06:56 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right...
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 05-05-2001 05:51 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kayne, are you getting Blue Yonder?

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kayne
Sarge
Member # 2334

Rate Member

posted 05-10-2001 04:00 AM     Profile for Kayne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll prob be getting cable from NTL cause i'm with them at the mo

Kayne

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com