Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Outpost   » Serious video problem with v1.27

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Serious video problem with v1.27
danmorris
Visor
Member # 2262

Rate Member

posted 12-24-2000 01:17 PM     Profile for danmorris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have loaded v1.27 (Retail not demo) over v1.25 and have the following problems:
1. Main menu has white border and appears blocky
2. Config menues are White background and text is white. (Can't see a thing) If I move cursor over the Variable entry area the individual entries turn yellow, making it possible to edit them. However, no editing of any variable will fix the problem.
3. Game play. Many room textures are just rectangular outlines of the textures, grey in color.
4. Game Play. Rocket fire generates grey rectangles of the texture maps. These obscure every thing.

These symptoms were not present with the demo version loaded of team quake.

I have tried this on two systems and get the same results.

Help

Posts: 2 | From: Aptos,Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
KRUSTYY
Sarge
Member # 2186

Rate Member

posted 12-24-2000 10:40 PM     Profile for KRUSTYY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish I knew, first 1.25 f*cked up everything, then 1.27 is up for grabs. I haven't the slightest idea what to upgrade to. I'm sticking to 1.17.For now.
Posts: 97 | From: N.Y.C. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
danmorris
Visor
Member # 2262

Rate Member

posted 12-27-2000 04:43 PM     Profile for danmorris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found the problem was documented on the trouble shooting board. One or more of the MOD's I have down loaded caused the conflict. I deleted all the mods and reloaded Q3Arena followed by Q3TeamArena and all problems were corrected. Thank Heavens!! I'm playing now!
Posts: 2 | From: Aptos,Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-27-2000 11:34 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that the Mods had to be redone to be compatible with the new point release.

1.25 was a BETA so I guess it was an "at your own risk" thingie...

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
American freak
Visor
Member # 2279

Rate Member

posted 01-14-2001 11:15 PM     Profile for American freak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found that one models out of the 50+ i have was messing mine up. I removed them all started to re-install them in groups until it started to mess up again. then went one by one to find the mother that was giving me a headache.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2001 06:10 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's true, I've noticed that it is very good to install extra skins & maps one at a time. Invalid shaders / textures(?) can cause problems like this.

------------------
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com